• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

“Big Changes are Coming” Watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Gilbert is very aware of his status you can bet that.   Coaches lie in recruiting it happens every day alllll day.  It's why kids get "offers" that aren't committable.   They'll ask him, he'll lie, and it won't be the first or last time somebody lies to that family this week.  The kids will lie right back about how "committed" they are and go take visits elsewhere, even without this kind of uncertainty.  Recruiting is a dirty game from all sides..... 

We're not discussing the recruiting game.   If he is getting fired, why would he "lie" for us

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

SEE! We AGREE 100%

I’m a pretty agreeable guy as long as everyone always sees everything my way all of the time.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

We're not discussing the recruiting game.   If he is getting fired, why would he "lie" for us

Because he likes and respects his boss even though he's potentially moving in another direction.  You don't have to hate somebody because you're getting fired and you don't have to be defiant if you know your end of employment date is coming down the pike.   You don't unnecessarily burn bridges in a profession/fraternity like coaching you never know when you'll need a spot on a former employer's staff...   Also, I have never got the vibe that Gilbert was happy here.  He's a Texas guy through and through and I always expected him to get on the first boat back to Texas after that UT money dried up if the staff was still here.   He has a chance to do that on his own terms but I feel pretty good he'll get pushed in that direction in a few weeks.   

I get that your upset and want to see heads roll but your anger is clouding your vision of the bigger picture.  There is no net positive for the program from firing anybody right now.  

Doesn't Save us Money

Doesn't help us in recruiting 

Doesn't help us in the bowl game 

Doesn't help us in the search for replacement (coaching carousel is just getting started)

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

13 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Because he likes and respects his boss even though he's potentially moving in another direction.  You don't have to hate somebody because you're getting fired and you don't have to be defiant if you know your end of employment date is coming down the pike.   You don't unnecessarily burn bridges in a profession/fraternity like coaching you never know when you'll need a spot on a former employer's staff...   Also, I have never got the vibe that Gilbert was happy here.  He's a Texas guy through and through and I always expected him to get on the first boat back to Texas after that UT money dried up if the staff was still here.   He has a chance to do that on his own terms but I feel pretty good he'll get pushed in that direction in a few weeks.   

I get that your upset and want to see heads roll but your anger is clouding your vision of the bigger picture.  There is no net positive for the program from firing anybody right now.  

Doesn't Save us Money

Doesn't help us in the search for replacement (coaching carousel is just getting started)

I see coach Bull Dozer, I click

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Doesn't Save us Money

I'm not upset and don't really expect any major changes.  I just don't see the benefit of having someone on the recruiting trail if we are canning them in the near future

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not upset and don't really expect any major changes.  I just don't see the benefit of having someone on the recruiting trail if we are canning them in the near future

You let the coach get out there and play the game.  If you're coach isn't out there recruiting a kid somebody else is....  Also working until his termination date looks much better on Gilbert than going full "Office Space" or just being outright defiant and burning bridges.  You not see the benefits but they're there.  It's why it's happening and I would be EXTREMELY surprised if Gilbert isn't gone before Christmas.  Also, there is a NCAA recruiting dead period DEC 17-Jan 10th that is the perfect window to make these kind of changes...... 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

22 hours ago, Dogma said:

I've eaten sushi from a drive thru sushi restaurant.  A couple of times

I still live and am able to tell the story

A brave man you are. Still alive and telling your story?? But, are you telling it while sitting on the commode??  However, its prob ok because I see seagulls eating sushi all the time and they seem ok.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

There is no net positive for the program from firing anybody right now.  

Doesn't Save us Money

Objection your honor, speculation!

1.  No one seems to know all the money details, so maybe there is a path where ppl are fired and their replacements are cheaper.  

2. Maybe the new staff hits the ground running.  Maybe kids are on the fence about USF bc of what the team showed this year and a new coach is what they want.  Who knows?

3. If the interim bowl game coach doesn't kneel at the 40 yd line to end a half or play super conservative then firing current ppl could certainly help. 

4. If ur saying 'firing someone doesn't help because then you have to find a replacement and that's hard', well that doesn't mean it's the wrong decision.  Just means AD would have extra work to do.

18 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Objection your honor, speculation!

1.  No one seems to know all the money details, so maybe there is a path where ppl are fired and their replacements are cheaper.  The buyouts for the assistants are known, they have been posted on twitter and on here.  The buy out terms change with the calendar year not by the week.  This is a static known.  

2. Maybe the new staff hits the ground running.  Maybe kids are on the fence about USF bc of what the team showed this year and a new coach is what they want.  Who knows? You have to hire them and get them up to speed in basically 3 weeks, any day lost to looking for a replacement and negotiating is EXTREMELY valuable.  Every day you aren't recruiting a kid somebody else is.  Not worth betting a maybe.  Also the recruiting dead period is coming up and runs from mid December through January 10th.   For a school who will play a bowl game that basically will run right up to the dead period you are effectively throwing away recruiting days for things that you could do during the dead period.  You're the one saying maybe I'm the one stating absolutes here.  There IS a dead period.  These kids ARE getting recruited by other schools. The current coach DOES have a relationship with his recruits.  If you have an empty spot that's a lost day either in that territory or in the one you're pulling somebody out of.  

3. If the interim bowl game coach doesn't kneel at the 40 yd line to end a half or play super conservative then firing current ppl could certainly help.  I'll give you this one.  

4. If ur saying 'firing someone doesn't help because then you have to find a replacement and that's hard', well that doesn't mean it's the wrong decision.  Just means AD would have extra work to do. It's not that it's hard it's that there are going to be a ton of names moving around here soon and guys that aren't available now or aren't interested in a school like USF may be forced to consider us as staff's move around like they always do in december.   December is when the carousel kicks into high gear.  Unless you have a guy clearly identified it does no good to shop in a market that isn't even fully fleshed out.  

All of the above is based off of the safe assumption that it will be assistants getting axed and not CCS.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Dozer, stop with your logic. Many on here cannot handle it. Or Handel it