• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are they now? 2016 HC Candidates.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

For perspective purposes:

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/south-florida-bulls-usf-coaching-candidates-willie-taggart-oregon-ducks-lane-kiffin-charlie-strong-greg-schiano-mario-cristobal-120716

Lane Kiffin - Current HC at FAU - Team seems to be regressing (sound familiar?) went 11-3 in 2017 but now at 5-6, after beginning the year ranked.

Mario Cristobal - Current HC at Oregon - 8-4 record - #4 recruiting class in the nation. This definitely is the guy we should've hired...oh well.

Geoff Collins - Current HC at Temple - 7-4 (6-1 in conference) - Struggling with recruiting but team improved greatly with conference play, we'll see how he does year 3.

Eddie Gran - Current OC at Kentucky - seems to be doing a great job with Benny Snell and co. Should definitely get deep consideration again if we fire Strong.

Lawrence Dawsey - Currently unemployed...I think?

Greg Schiano - We can only pray we wasn't really considered at all.

We really need to go the route of hiring an up-and-coming offensive minded recruiter. What many of you are saying about the game leaving behind re-hash coaches like Strong and Kiffin is proving to be true. UCF hit it on the head the day they hired Scott Frost. We just need to identify who that is, willing to come here (doubt Jeff Scott would).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/south-florida-bulls-usf-coaching-candidates-willie-taggart-oregon-ducks-lane-kiffin-charlie-strong-greg-schiano-mario-cristobal-120716

Lane Kiffin - Current HC at FAU - Team seems to be regressing (sound familiar?) went 11-3 in 2017 but now at 5-6, after beginning the year ranked.

Mario Cristobal - Current HC at Oregon - 8-4 record - #4 recruiting class in the nation. This definitely is the guy we should've hired...oh well.

Geoff Collins - Current HC at Temple - 7-4 (6-1 in conference) - Struggling with recruiting but team improved greatly with conference play, we'll see how he does year 3.

Eddie Gran - Current OC at Kentucky - seems to be doing a great job with Benny Snell and co. Should definitely get deep consideration again if we fire Strong.

We really need to go the route of hiring an up-and-coming offensive minded recruiter. What many of you are saying about the game leaving behind re-hash coaches like Strong and Kiffin is proving to be true. UCF hit it on the head the day they hired Scott Frost. We just need to identify who that is, willing to come here (doubt Jeff Scott would).

Cale Gundy, Co-Offensive Coordinator at Oklahoma.

Co-leads the highest scoring offense in the nation and they always have a dual-threat QB (similar to USF).

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaoff

Edited by NovaBull

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

You rant against rehashes and say we should have hired Cristobal?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I would’ve been ok with Cristobal. He knows how to recruit the state and did a good job at FIU

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

Don't forget Petrino which some on here wanted.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802

This list is dead to me.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, NovaBull said:

Cale Gundy, Co-Offensive Coordinator at Oklahoma.

Co-leads the highest scoring offense in the nation and they always have a dual-threat QB (similar to USF).

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaoff

Is he any relation to the mulleted 40-year old Man?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Is he any relation to the mulleted 40-year old Man?

Looks like Mike is his brother and according to Wikipedia, is making $550k per year. 

I don’t know about you, but I’m willing to bet a guy like that would take a 3x raise and a shot to run a team of his own in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/25/2018 at 12:51 AM, NovaBull said:

Looks like Mike is his brother and according to Wikipedia, is making $550k per year. 

I don’t know about you, but I’m willing to bet a guy like that would take a 3x raise and a shot to run a team of his own in the AAC.

I know Cabe,  he lives a block away from where I grew up.   I’m pretty sure he would  be interested given the right terms.   If I were him, I’d stay at OU...Boomer Sooner!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

On 11/24/2018 at 7:14 PM, zarnozdabull said:

not sure why people think Jeff Scott wouldn't come here. If he ever has any intention of being a head coach at a large program then he will need to prove himself first and the best way to do that is to coach at a level such as the AAC.

just look at Taggart, Frost, Rhule, Fuente.

we are the perfect stepping stone job especially being located in florida where he has killed it in recruiting. we would double his salary and he could bring Kelly Bryant(grad transfer QB) who led clemson to the playoffs last year.

• Upvote 2