• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are they now? 2016 HC Candidates.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Bull94 said:

not sure why people think Jeff Scott wouldn't come here. If he ever has any intention of being a head coach at a large program then he will need to prove himself first and the best way to do that is to coach at a level such as the AAC.

just look at Taggart, Frost, Rhule, Fuente.

we are the perfect stepping stone job especially being located in florida where he has killed it in recruiting. we would double his salary and he could bring Kelly Bryant(grad transfer QB) who led clemson to the playoffs last year.

I’m with you. Any successful OC or DC would definitely consider the HC position at USF. 

It’s still a great stepping stone and gets guys exposure to Florida ‘cruits.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

I know Cabe,  he lives a block away from where I grew up.   I’m pretty sure he would  be interested given the right terms.   If I were him, I’d stay at OU...Boomer Sooner!

Use your powers for good and help the cause!!!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

12 hours ago, Bull94 said:

not sure why people think Jeff Scott wouldn't come here. If he ever has any intention of being a head coach at a large program then he will need to prove himself first and the best way to do that is to coach at a level such as the AAC.

just look at Taggart, Frost, Rhule, Fuente.

we are the perfect stepping stone job especially being located in florida where he has killed it in recruiting. we would double his salary and he could bring Kelly Bryant(grad transfer QB) who led clemson to the playoffs last year.

Not true at all Smart and Pruitt were the same level of respected coordinators and walked into destination jobs. Hell Stoops did the same thing too, although definitely not a destination job. Scott could immediately get a mid level P5 job if he wanted and you can be **** sure he saw what Smart and Pruitt did.... He'll step right into a SEC, ACC, or maybe even a Big 10 job when he wants to/sees the right opportunity. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

But really Clemson is a Mexican standoff between Scott and Tony Elliot to see who leaves first for a mid-level job so the other can be the fully credited OC and roll that into a destination job. That is unless the Dabo gravy train breaks down. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Not true at all Smart and Pruitt were the same level of respected coordinators and walked into destination jobs. Hell Stoops did the same thing too, although definitely not a destination job. Scott could immediately get a mid level P5 job if he wanted and you can be **** sure he saw what Smart and Pruitt did.... He'll step right into a SEC, ACC, or maybe even a Big 10 job when he wants to/sees the right opportunity. 

Smart and Pruitt also spent FAR longer in their coordinator jobs throughout the ACC and SEC than those other guys, and built a solid reputation before getting a major program.  Also count Muschamp in that mix. 

Taggart was never even a coordinator before getting the WKU job.  Frost wasn't at Oregon long before getting the UCF job.  

The ones that moved up the chain faster had to go to smaller schools to prove themselves for the most part.