• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to say it again! FIRE THIS STAFF!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Magic isn't real. Thats the point. Nick Saban couldn't do any better with this roster.  

We have more talent than 7-3, letting up the most points against us in school history, losing to a team with a losing record, and having multiple penalties every game. We’ve made 2 extra points in 2 games. I get we’re young but we can do better as a team than this and a lot of it falls on coaching. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

I hope CCS wins one more so somebody hires him away. I want him gone.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Be specific there are portions of the offensive staff that need to go. In year 2 Willie Targart had enough wisdom to adjust his desired offense to create Gulf Coast Offense which was successful. I hope Strong does the same. This offense is not working. 

I can give a pass on the defense since it is so young.  But offense there is no excuse it's not execution it's just a bad fit.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

Just now, Blackice12 said:

Be specific there are portions of the offensive staff that need to go. In year 2 Willie Targart had enough wisdom to adjust his desired offense to create Gulf Coast Offense which was successful. I hope Strong does the same. This offense is not working. 

I can give a pass on the defense since it is so young.  But offense there is no excuse it's not execution it's just a bad fit.

Both offense and special teams just aren’t getting better and nobody on this team seems to be taking accountability or doing anything to adjust. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think you keep Strong, but there has to be changes made to the Coordinators. The offensive philosophy, at least the way this OC calls it, is not a winning philosophy. Creates stats? Sure, but they won’t win in this day and age.

Defensive coaching was not good when it counted last year and be it personnel or scheme or injuries the defense is a mess. Special teams is a mess.  

In this conference, maybe you can’t get to the playoff, but there is a clear path to the NY Day game. 

Strong was handed a winning program. In year 2 it is now in free fall. Fickell is in year 2. Took on a mess and is now 9-1. Heupel took over a program that could only go down and they are still undefeated in year 1. 

Worse to me, we are back toplaying a boring brand of football.  Not a good combination when you are trying to build a fan base.

i do not have any confidence in this coaching staff to turn it around. Realistically, I don’t see any chance of a win until at least game 4 next year. And thats only for a chance. 

Would love to hear what is on Kelly’s mind. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

We have more talent than 7-3, letting up the most points against us in school history, losing to a team with a losing record, and having multiple penalties every game. We’ve made 2 extra points in 2 games. I get we’re young but we can do better as a team than this and a lot of it falls on coaching. 

Raw Talent doesn't win football games in D1. They have to be able to make decisions the only thing the staff can do to help is simplify everything and god forbid that. Young players will make mistakes and theres nothing a coach can do about it. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

OP always makes this thread but never offers a plan or does he explain who would want this job knowing they get 2years to win...

I have a plan. Fire this staff. Find a HC who at least knows what he’s doing, as in this team looks ready to play every week. Not my job to offer details on who. I don’t get paid to find coaches.

This team has not passed the eyeball test under Strong. We have gotten worse since the season started and Strong can’t beat a team with a pulse. You can’t argue against that. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144

11 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

There is a difference in having one or two and half your starting 22. 

Excuses.  This is the defeatist thinking that gets you the level of mediocrity we've existed in for so long.  We recruit from the most talent-rich area of the nation and play in a middling conference that we should have no problem winning at least every few years.  It's totally understandable that every program goes "young" every so often but just by opening your eyes, it's plain to see that this team's lack of discipline goes FAR beyond just being young.  I know it's only been a couple years but it's time for a new coaching staff.

Edited by USFStPete
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

We have enough talent to be 8-2. We were outmanned across the board against Houston and it didn't look like anything different tonight. We should have been able to beat Tulane by drawing plays in the dirt.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488

8 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Lol! Strong supporters are like Holtz supporters 2 years in his reign. LMFAO

I’m just waiting for you to offer a solution. Your “Fire Strong” threads are so tired.

You really think that will make our program better? WHO WOULD YOU HIRE???