• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to say it again! FIRE THIS STAFF!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,339
  • Content Count:  21,349
  • Days Won:  10

Give it time

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Then you should understand that you have to have leaders on the field and we don't have that. Once again, you can't just make those magically appear. This team is young, you can't "overthink it". 

you are mistaken 

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Then you should understand that you have to have leaders on the field and we don't have that. Once again, you can't just make those magically appear. This team is young, you can't "overthink it". 

you are mistaken 

Mistaken about what? Strong sucks. Period. He lost this team. The problems started with the San Jose game last year and has not stopped. No leaders but is it not the HC’s job to lead this team in times when there aren’t any field leaders? Shouldn’t the HC be the one to step up? How many on field leaders did UCF have last year on O? Strong is a joke. I do not buy the on field leader excuse. It will be the same BS next year unless we get smart and fire him. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

I’ll say one thing though. If Strong fires both his OC and DC, after this year, then I’ll be ok with giving him another year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Hueyhog20 said:

I’ll say one thing though. If Strong fires both his OC and DC, after this year, then I’ll be ok with giving him another year. 

I’d even be ok with OC and special teams gone but keeping DC. We saw a lot of progress on defense last year so at least we know there’s potential

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Both coordinators need to go. Here is hoping he has a Year 3 epiphany like CWT did.

I am not going to move against the DC...not yet anyway. I saw what he could do last year with decent linemen and LBs. But let me see what happens in the next few.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, USFStPete said:

It takes a rare kind of person to already possess true leadership qualities in high school.  In the football world that's what college coaches are supposed to be for.

Some people never develop it, but its not the coaches fault. In the football world you get to that point through playing time. No one has a lot of that and a lot of those would be leaders might have left in the offseason. (multiple threads addressing this) again they just don't get magically replaced. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

Strong has to make changes on the offense including getting rid of Gilbert but knowing strong he won’t change anything and would rather be fired than fire Gilbert out of loyality.

11 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Mistaken about what? Strong sucks. Period. He lost this team. The problems started with the San Jose game last year and has not stopped. No leaders but is it not the HC’s job to lead this team in times when there aren’t any field leaders? Shouldn’t the HC be the one to step up? How many on field leaders did UCF have last year on O? Strong is a joke. I do not buy the on field leader excuse. It will be the same BS next year unless we get smart and fire him. 

You were mistaken about my comments agreeing with anything that you have posted. So I wasn't sure what I was supposed to "preach on" about. 

I have no issue with a new OC and think there needs to be a new SPC but Strong will and needs to stay. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Had a rough conversation tonight when I got back home from the wedding. Parents aren't gonna be putting down a thousand dollars for a full season of frustration. Unless something happens I don't think my family will be buying season tickets next year and we've had tickets from 97'.