• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you aren’t under the Fire Strong movement yet.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

if we come, might just make the same sign.

Guys guys guys you might want to pump the breaks on Leavitt signs...sequels are rarely as good as the original, especially when there's over a 10 year gap.  (See my username....)

Heart is in the right place but that ship has sailed.  Too many downsides to bringing him back.  Everything would be compared to "before".  We need to go forward not backward.  (And I'm a fan who thinks he got a raw deal)

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Guys guys guys you might want to pump the breaks on Leavitt signs...sequels are rarely as good as the original, especially when there's over a 10 year gap.  (See my username....)

Heart is in the right place but that ship has sailed.  Too many downsides to bringing him back.  Everything would be compared to "before".  We need to go forward not backward.  (And I'm a fan who thinks he got a raw deal)

Got someone better?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Hate to say it - follow the model of the Oveido college: Hire someone young, dynamic and best of all cheap. Recruit dual threat QBs who run spread offenses, like QF under Taggart, and athletes a plenty. If the chap leaves in a year or 2, rinse and repeat. That's the landscape of coaching these days, the G5 are a farm system of future P5 coaching talent. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  291

Clemson’s offensive coordinator ? Tj weist? Jesus our defense is just going to get worse so we might as well get a coach who knows how to put up points. Not like strong has any players on defense to make an impact next year theyd be freshman after all and that’s “too young “

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  5

If we re-hired CJL I'd donate 100k instantly. It'd show such a ballsy move forward that it'd deserve accolade even if it didn't work.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Ironic graphic from NOAA. I'm feeling like we maybe have been hit by Hurricane Strong.

image.png.2df6f9124ed2ee1440f6df169f510d44.png

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, LewSFBulls said:

Hate to say it - follow the model of the Oveido college: Hire someone young, dynamic and best of all cheap. Recruit dual threat QBs who run spread offenses, like QF under Taggart, and athletes a plenty. If the chap leaves in a year or 2, rinse and repeat. That's the landscape of coaching these days, the G5 are a farm system of future P5 coaching talent. 

Agreed.  Both times they hired a young dynamic OC from a P5 conference who run spread offenses.  It fits what we can recruit in this State.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569

1. Levit was in a P5 conference for 6 years!!!!!! We never won more than 9 games, in which we had to always win a bowl game to make 9 wins. That means his regular season record averaged 8 wins. 

2. The defense he coaches at Oregon was ranked in the 80s his first year and now ranked 57th. BJM had us ranked 37th in total defense last year.

3. What is it with this pedastool you put Levitt on? When he was our coach, we was at the big boys table and he made no noise. Hell UCONN and Cincy made won the big east and actually made BCS bowl games. UCONN even won a share of the Big East title at 8-4. What the Hhell was Levit doing 4 us back then? When he was our coach he UNDERACHIEVED. Probably more than any other coach b/c he actually had coached a USF team that was in the power 5. 

4. I dont mind seeing Gilbert go. I say bring in Weist or let Shaun King take a crack at it. But not.BJM. You guys all 4get he took our defense from 108th ranked to 37th ranked. I will give him one bad season b/c the players are young, green and undersized. 

5. CCS isnt going anywhere so save ur stress. I remember all of the " fire coach" willie taggart talk and when he finanally left us (like many of you wanted), u started to miss his "great" offense or you are butthurt like a jilted girlfriend. 

6. Unfortunatly we arent world beaters this year, so gtfoh, with all that whining like an entitled "millenial". Go support ur team and just be patient. Things will get better. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

7 hours ago, LewSFBulls said:

They followed OUR example there, bro. Just maybe stuck to the method better, but don't think for a second they wouldn't have gone full bore after Strong over Frost if they had that opportunity.