• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you aren’t under the Fire Strong movement yet.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

They followed OUR example there, bro. Just maybe stuck to the method better, but don't think for a second they wouldn't have gone full bore after Strong over Frost if they had that opportunity.

They might have and they would have Gilbert screwing up the offense.

Agree we know how the offense works here and USF needs to do a much better job hiring a coach that understands that.  It isn't rocket science what works here well. 

1. Fast mobile athletic above avg accuracy....the really good ones are leaders on the field and and have that "it" factor at crunch time.  This is the type of QB you go after to fit that system and it will get you a pretty good offense.

Now what type of defense do we run that will do well here? An attacking type of defense that isn't afraid to blitz and use our speed to cause havoc and turnovers?   We dont have much history of having I think a good defense.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

I can make a graphic for it... possibly send it to you so you can print your own?

that would be great, just let me know.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

9 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

THIS!!!!!!!!!! Gonna work on my sign. Might even start the paper bags if these 2 next games are really really really bad.

Might even spike my hair like him and yell the whole game.

That would be wonderful seeing it on the front page of the TBT and then UCF posters at College Game Day.  Don't do the bags. Signs for Leavitt are one thing but the bags will haunt us forever.

8 hours ago, LewSFBulls said:

Hate to say it - follow the model of the Oveido college: Hire someone young, dynamic and best of all cheap. Recruit dual threat QBs who run spread offenses, like QF under Taggart, and athletes a plenty. If the chap leaves in a year or 2, rinse and repeat. That's the landscape of coaching these days, the G5 are a farm system of future P5 coaching talent. 

Except he tried for 2 years to use him in a power run game.  And if he hadn't burned his redshirt at SMU in his Fr year he'd be out on the field this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

They might have and they would have Gilbert screwing up the offense.

Agree we know how the offense works here and USF needs to do a much better job hiring a coach that understands that.  It isn't rocket science what works here well. 

1. Fast mobile athletic above avg accuracy....the really good ones are leaders on the field and and have that "it" factor at crunch time.  This is the type of QB you go after to fit that system and it will get you a pretty good offense.

Now what type of defense do we run that will do well here? An attacking type of defense that isn't afraid to blitz and use our speed to cause havoc and turnovers?   We dont have much history of having I think a good defense.

We'll have to disagree on that one.  There have been some lights out defenses here. Perfect? No.  But I think there have been some great defenses at USF.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, MikeG said:

But to just toss him away instead of giving him a suspension or whatever was totally dumb imo.

The absolute most bone-headed move EVER by Judy and Dougie.  They sacrificed the program in an effort of self-aggrandizement.  Shameful to this day.  “Hiring” the in-house shill attorney, what a joke.

But I guess we should stay on topic.

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Except he tried for 2 years to use him in a power run game.  And if he hadn't burned his redshirt at SMU in his Fr year he'd be out on the field this year.

Yeah, people forget about that disastrous part of Willie’s learning on the job.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,618
  • Days Won:  25

Something needs to change. I was so disappointed and let down yesterday. The team has no fire or heart left. They need a change in the approach to the offense , defense, and coaching. At this time I may suggest to let one of the other QBs get a start just to see what happens.

16 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We'll have to disagree on that one.  There have been some lights out defenses here. Perfect? No.  But I think there have been some great defenses at USF.

Agree with CR.  For anyone that’s been around.  This program was built on defense.  We didn’t defeat Top 25 teams in our first decade of existence in offensive shootouts.  Look at our NFL draft history and you can see how that shakes out.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Agree with CR.  For anyone that’s been around.  This program was built on defense.  We didn’t defeat Top 25 teams in our first decade of existence in offensive shootouts.  Look at our NFL draft history and you can see how that shakes out.

Leavitt knew from the start what Taggart learned the hard way. When you're not a top level program you build on what you can get, not on what you want. Big smart offensive lineman are the unicorns of D1. We're not getting them. We do, however, have access to speed and over-achievers, and that usually fits in better on defense.