• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This might get you mad.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  149

49 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

the Tweet is upsetting but some of the comments here are ignorant asf.

1. these players risk their minds & bodies out there. just to get to college-level of play, most football players have had their bodies banged around for over a decade taking hits to their heads & bodies. science is increasingly showing that even the hits sustained at middle- & high school level can do permanent damage to the brain. there are players out there that can't walk, can't remember words, can't control their emotions because of the damage done to their bodies from football. HONOR THEM.

2. "Free education" ? no, they WORKED for it putting in days in the gym, in practice, on the field, on buses & planes traveling... All of which results in a marketable product that generates revenue for the university & takes time out of the classroom where they supposedly get their "free" education. also, NOT ALL PLAYERS ARE ON SCHOLARSHIP.

3. I ABSOLUTELY AGREE that there should be guidelines about which players get alum tickets, but those guidelines & any subsequent changes should be clearly stated IN ADVANCE. a former player with an alumni ticket should NEVER make the trip to ***HOMECOMING*** & be turned away with no explanation. ***IF*** that's actually what happened, shame on USF.

4. the Bulls have sold out ONE game. ONE. in 21 seasons. this season they're averaging ~30k per game. More than half the stadium is empty. those empty seats aren't generating money, but an alumni section would at least sell concessions & gear/souvenirs for family. it would also make a few less red seats visible on TV.

5. Yes, there are a lot of former players, but not all of them attend all games. plenty live out of state or simply can't make the games. 

6. Before insulting this former player, notice how he ended his tweet: "GO BULLS!!" he's disappointed & venting his frustration, but HE IS STILL CHEERING HIS ALMA MATER.

it's amazing that so many non-player alumni & fans here who supposedly "bleed green & gold" & whose Saturdays revolve around USF football 3 months out of the year treat the players as disposable. i LOATHE sounding like a whiny liberal here (sorry for the MadCow material) but a lot of these responses sound a lot like the "shut up & play ball" attitude that has become a shameful part of our national dialogue... & once they are no longer playing, it's just "shut up & appreciate the opportunity we gave u to entertain us."

BE BETTER THAN THAT.

👎🏽

jesus--- who are all these people you are talking about? Are there more than 4 who even said "tough" to the guys ticket request?

you are making a mountain out of a molehill. No one knows the full story here yet-- most of us are wondering what the story is and maybe a handful of mopes are telling the guy "too bad" and the like.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Hopefully this gets worked out favorably for all parties.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Got to agree with @MikeG on this. The facts need to come in as none of us even know what the actual policy is. I can’t image the top CFB blueboods have such a policy for all alumni players to get in free but even for new comers like ourselfs I would bet some restrictions are in place.  

I believe it is on an allotment that is first come first served. You can probably also per-arrange accommodations with the team.

Though there is part of me that fears it was a mistake by some unknowing USF representative. Someone should reach out to Todd and get more info.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

I believe it is on an allotment that is first come first served. You can probably also per-arrange accommodations with the team.

Though there is part of me that fears it was a mistake by some unknowing USF representative. Someone should reach out to Todd and get more info.

Friends sent me a photo of the 2 of them with some guy while they were at the Hard Rock.  Had no clue who he was so asked. It was Bernie Kosar.  If he had showed up without tickets to today's Bucs game no one would have known who he was and would have told him to buy a ticket or get lost.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  8

11 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

Apparently, they did it to multiple former players. I don't think we will receive an answer on this though.

We no longer receive tickets to games. So yes, it’s true. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

Thanks for confirming! 

16 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

wow-- I assume that means any player alumni if you are included. Terrible policy change.

• Like 1

Wow that is too bad. There should at least be some designated games...most certainly homecoming should meet the criteria for former players. 

I take it these guys got in free....

31395A92-8A81-45F5-B017-EE66C5C8F20C.jpeg