• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the fan with the flamingo please

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

Oh no!  9 year olds aren't good enough to realize war flamingo is terrible yet.  That's almost taking advantage to spread this junk.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

I"m good with whatever brings fans and makes people happy.  Faza, I totally respect your thinking (and undying support for our Bulls), but can't beleive that 2 small pink objects in the endzone would affect any kicker.  It's just not the same close up situation as, say a free throw in a much smaller venue.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

With all due respect to young children who are welcome to wave whatever they want at football games... 

"War flamingo" is plainly and objectively idiotic. With our new academic logo, it is quite clear that the university would have picked up "war flamingo" if it had a 0.0000001% chance of being something that adults with ANY IQ points to spare would get behind. It did not, and does not, and never will. Please stop beating the very long dead war flamingo. It is sad to see members of our amazing fan base stray so far from 

War Flamingo aint havin none of it from the no fun police

FLAMINGO-FULL0506_G.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

I"m good with whatever brings fans and makes people happy.  Faza, I totally respect your thinking (and undying support for our Bulls), but can't beleive that 2 small pink objects in the endzone would affect any kicker.  It's just not the same close up situation as, say a free throw in a much smaller venue.

GO BULLS!

I think our FG kicker has bigger issues to worry about...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think you are just seeing some free association happening.  On one hand you have the FG kicker missing a short kick, and on the other hand you have the dumbest thing ever (war flamingo).  Both cause equal amount of pain to rational humans.  The pain sensations were firing at once, so it would naturally cause one to associate the two in an existential sort of way.  Everything is connected.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I think you are just seeing some free association happening.  On one hand you have the FG kicker missing a short kick, and on the other hand you have the dumbest thing ever (war flamingo).  Both cause equal amount of pain to rational humans.  The pain sensations were firing at once, so it would naturally cause one to associate the two in an existential sort of way.  Everything is connected.

To use my Big Lebowski voice: “It’s like one big  conspiracy man...”

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

I think its hilarious that the War Flamingo actually started in this very forum and has gained traction throughout the years to have become a tradition for some people.  I think that anyone who has a problem with this should lighten up, because you see all kinds of strange traditions at EVERY sporting event and EVERY team's fans have the right to have fun and get excited about anything as long as they are rooting for their own team. 

Wouldn't it just be a crappy game if we all just sat in our seats and clapped and shouted "YAY" in a collective unison single inanimate "yay" for each good play the whole game? 

Lets let people show their individual joy for the team they love in the way they see fit. 

Fun = Fun

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Exactly but, it dosn't help waiving multiple bright colored objects in front of a crosseyed person.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Pretty sure the guy that missed the 38 yarder was the guy we had been clamoring for since the first game.  They ran Weiss out there for the next one and he made it.