• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Houston slips past USF in AAC power rankings

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

23 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

UCLA and Ohio are better victories than GT and Illinois.

UCLA is awful

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

27 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:
1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Please justify how Cincy's schedule to date is harder than USF's. 

UCLA and Ohio are better victories than GT and Illinois.

A decent MAC team with no P5 wins and a 1-win PAC12 team does not look better than GT or Illy. You could maybe make an argument for UCLA > Illinois or GT, but it would be argued strongly this year. No way there's an argument for Ohio > GT or Illinois.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So if we played Alabama every week and went 0-12 that would be proof of greatness since we lost to the best team in the nation every week? This isn’t even Alabama weekly they lost to Fresno State and Cincinnati which is typically not a hallmark of greatness. We will play Cincinnati on the road so we will get to see how it shakes out in the end but they hardly look much scarier than we do to my eye.

First off I don't base a teams historical greatness on their current season. UCLA lost to 3 ranked teams and a Colorado that has been ranked.

Plenty of teams get credit for playing Alabama tough. Check the last ten years or so worth of SEC teams not named Alabama. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

First off I don't base a teams historical greatness on their current season. UCLA lost to 3 ranked teams and a Colorado that has been ranked.

Plenty of teams get credit for playing Alabama tough. Check the last ten years or so worth of SEC teams not named Alabama. 

Sure they have lost to 3 ranked teams but they have lost 5 out of 6 games, at some point shouldn’t you have to win a few of the games in order for you to be an impressive win on someone elses’ schedule?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I guess it’s technically true but a whole lot closer to tied and therefore not a reason to say one team is better than the other.

the difference is nominal at best.  I don't understand this overwhelming desire to disparage the team so much.  I get questioning coaching and what not, but trying to find excuses for us not to be ranked?   smh

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

the difference is nominal at best.  I don't understand this overwhelming desire to disparage the team so much.  I get questioning coaching and what not, but trying to find excuses for us not to be ranked?   smh

It’s insane and something I think has uniquely grown in our fanbase. You would think there was some sort of award for being the “most objective fan” and somehow the word “objective” means who can **** on our team the hardest while outright cheering for things clearly bad for us and doing mental gymnastics to try to convince everyone else that going against our own self interest is actually in our self interest in the long run. Maybe it’s the years of heartbreak, maybe it’s the long hard fall from power, maybe it’s the suffering CSH and CWT put us thru or maybe it’s the constant attacks from our media while claiming objectivity but something is clearly wrong with a segment of our fanbase.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s insane and something I think has uniquely grown in our fanbase. You would think there was some sort of award for being the “most objective fan” and somehow the word “objective” means who can **** on our team the hardest while outright cheering for things clearly bad for us and doing mental gymnastics to try to convince everyone else that going against our own self interest is actually in our self interest in the long run. Maybe it’s the years of heartbreak, maybe it’s the long hard fall from power, maybe it’s the suffering CSH and CWT put us thru or maybe it’s the constant attacks from our media while claiming objectivity but something is clearly wrong with a segment of our fanbase.

I just watched the Tulsa game yesterday.  "Objectively" our offense did little until the 4th quarter.  I don't wish anything bad for us - ever. But I've watched some pisssss poor football for the majority of the game in many of our games.  I am not unhappy that they won.  But if you watched the 1st half of the Tulsa game and saw something great offensively you are the eternal optimist and probably not being "objective".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

33 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

UCLA is awful

Toughest team in the Pac12 apparently 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Sure they have lost to 3 ranked teams but they have lost 5 out of 6 games, at some point shouldn’t you have to win a few of the games in order for you to be an impressive win on someone elses’ schedule?

Not if you're 1-5 Tulsa, according to some of the posters in here 

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

I just watched the Tulsa game yesterday.  "Objectively" our offense did little until the 4th quarter.  I don't wish anything bad for us - ever. But I've watched some pisssss poor football for the majority of the game in many of our games.  I am not unhappy that they won.  But if you watched the 1st half of the Tulsa game and saw something great offensively you are the eternal optimist and probably not being "objective".

I’m of no delusion that we are somehow perfect but I am also not of the delusion that there are many perfect teams or that we should be actively petitioning voters not to vote for us because of our shortcomings. At worst our performances and SOS this season as compared to Cincinnati are a push and I can see no reason as a fan of USF I should be championing their banner over ours.