• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Houston slips past USF in AAC power rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Not if you're 1-5 Tulsa, according to some of the posters in here 

There are people on here arguing Tulsa is a quality win? Or are there people arguing that a 1-5 Tulsa isn’t as bad as some other 1-5 teams? I think at most it’s the latter and not the former which is must different than saying beating a 1-5 UCLA is a difference maker that should lead to Cincinnati being ranked higher than us. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

31 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

the difference is nominal at best.  I don't understand this overwhelming desire to disparage the team so much.  I get questioning coaching and what not, but trying to find excuses for us not to be ranked?   smh

I never said we shouldn't be ranked. Someone made the statement that Cincy's schedule was not more difficult and they didn't know how anybody could reasonably rank it higher. I just linked two SOS that have Cincy's SOS higher than us.

46 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

A decent MAC team with no P5 wins and a 1-win PAC12 team does not look better than GT or Illy. You could maybe make an argument for UCLA > Illinois or GT, but it would be argued strongly this year. No way there's an argument for Ohio > GT or Illinois.

S&P+ has Ohio at 94 and Illinois at 102

Funny how everyone moans how unfair it is that we get no respect when it comes to P5 vs G5 but when it's another G5 program(Ohio) there is no way they could be rated higher than an almighty P5(Illinois) program.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I never said we shouldn't be ranked. Someone made the statement that Cincy's schedule was not more difficult and they didn't know how anybody could reasonably rank it higher. I just linked two SOS that have Cincy's SOS higher than us.

I'm making a general comment related to several, but the idea that you would justify Cincy's schedule as "more difficult" with that data is pretty comical and still represents my point

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m of no delusion that we are somehow perfect but I am also not of the delusion that there are many perfect teams or that we should be actively petitioning voters not to vote for us because of our shortcomings. At worst our performances and SOS this season as compared to Cincinnati are a push and I can see no reason as a fan of USF I should be championing their banner over ours.

Guess I haven't read this closely enough if that is what people are doing.  We'll find out how we stack up against UH, Cinci and Central. 

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

S&P+ has Ohio at 94 and Illinois at 102

Funny how everyone moans how unfair it is that we get no respect when it comes to P5 vs G5 but when it's another G5 program(Ohio) there is no way they could be rated higher than an almighty P5(Illinois) program.

Again, that difference is nominal. Check back next week after Illinois plays Wisconsin

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm making a general comment related to several, but the idea that you would justify Cincy's schedule as "more difficult" with that data is pretty comical and still represents my point

I didn't justify anything. it was only in response to puc who thought no reasonable person could feel cincy has played a tougher schedule. I just linked 2 objective SOS rankings and they both had Cincy higher. Not sure why that is comical. In fact S&P+ has Cincy rated ahead of us by 10 spots. It was one guys opinion. He is entitled to it. and obviously he is not that far off. maybe you should take your blinders off.

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I didn't justify anything. it was only in response to puc who thought no reasonable person could feel cincy has played a tougher schedule. I just linked 2 objective SOS rankings and they both had Cincy higher. Not sure why that is comical. In fact S&P+ has Cincy rated ahead of us by 10 spots. It was one guys opinion. He is entitled to it. and obviously he is not that far off. maybe you should take your blinders off.

You're not saying anything different.  The whole thing is comical.  125>127, 94>104.  Crown Them!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,649
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Guess I haven't read this closely enough if that is what people are doing.  We'll find out how we stack up against UH, Cinci and Central. 

And Temple.  Those are the big 4 that will tell us where we really are.  Tulane possible trap game?  We need to be focused on the next game only.

9 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Again, that difference is nominal. Check back next week after Illinois plays Wisconsin

nominal or not, they have a schedule rated more difficult (not sure the original guy said much more difficult) and in his opinion they have looked better than we have.