• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

We do a ton of winning, but we never win the important games. Never have. This year is clear cut. Win vs Cincinnati and UCF. That's basically it. A loss vs Houston won't matter as much, as long as we win the games we need. Let's do that this year

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, HornHead said:

We do a ton of winning, but we never win the important games. Never have. This year is clear cut. Win vs Cincinnati and UCF. That's basically it. A loss vs Houston won't matter as much, as long as we win the games we need. Let's do that this year

I remember when CSH and CWT legitimately had me wondering if we would ever win another game much less ever have a winning season. That we even are in a position to have games mean everything is a much better feeling than having every game mean nothing. We are winning and we are winning at a rate in the top five in the nation. If this can’t be enjoyed that’s sad. I honestly think we have fans looking forward to losing just so they can say I told you so. That can’t be an enjoyable way to watch the games but to each his own I guess.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

How dare you use reason when we are only winning ugly games! I want my wins complete and error free or I don' want them at all!

1 minute ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

How dare you use reason when we are only winning ugly games! I want my wins complete and error free or I don' want them at all!

That’s probably one of my favorite points we aren’t playing complete games enough. Most college teams aren’t complete outside of Alabama in occasional years. If you need a complete teams with loaded rosters doing what they are supposed to do on every down you probably should be watching more NFL football than NCAA football. College footballers are “amateurs” and the game is perfectly imperfect.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Winning is great. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I remember when CSH and CWT legitimately had me wondering if we would ever win another game much less ever have a winning season. That we even are in a position to have games mean everything is a much better feeling than having every game mean nothing. We are winning and we are winning at a rate in the top five in the nation. If this can’t be enjoyed that’s sad. I honestly think we have fans looking forward to losing just so they can say I told you so. That can’t be an enjoyable way to watch the games but to each his own I guess.

We can win a lot of games AND not win the important ones. They're not mutually exclusive.

I think this current team is very capable of winning 9-10 games and that's something to be happy about. I enjoy watching us win more than I enjoy watching us lose. 

I'm not nearly as confident we'll win our first title of any kind in football and that frustrates me.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I think we can all be reasonable when looking at this. Yes, over the past 3 seasons or so we have won a lot of games (33-6 over the last 39). At some point, the focus needs to turn from winning games to winning something larger, in this case, the AAC East Division and then the AAC Championship. In order to do that, we know that we have to get by UCF. As of right now, UCF looks much better in winning than we do. While I won't go as far as those that are lamenting how bad this team may be, I will say that I am concerned about our ability to win down the stretch. I am hoping we get healthy and the team starts to click. If not, a 8-4 or 9-3 record is a definite possibility. I doubt CCS is happy with how the team has been playing on the whole. Sure, he is thrilled to be 5-0, but I bet he doesn't just celebrate that fact with the team in practice. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

Just now, JTrue said:

We can win a lot of games AND not win the important ones. They're not mutually exclusive.

I think this current team is very capable of winning 9-10 games and that's something to be happy about. I enjoy watching us win more than I enjoy watching us lose. 

I'm not nearly as confident we'll win our first title of any kind in football and that frustrates me.

I really hope the AAC championship brings as much joy to people’s lives as they hope. In the meantime there are worse places to be in life than undefeated and of course winning a lot of games and winning “the important ones” aren’t mutually exclusive, winning a lot of games is a necessary component to winning the important ones as you see them, although I would argue all of our important games are the P5 games and not an AAC championship that no one will know or remember.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think we can all be reasonable when looking at this. Yes, over the past 3 seasons or so we have won a lot of games (33-6 over the last 39). At some point, the focus needs to turn from winning games to winning something larger, in this case, the AAC East Division and then the AAC Championship. In order to do that, we know that we have to get by UCF. As of right now, UCF looks much better in winning than we do. While I won't go as far as those that are lamenting how bad this team may be, I will say that I am concerned about our ability to win down the stretch. I am hoping we get healthy and the team starts to click. If not, a 8-4 or 9-3 record is a definite possibility. I doubt CCS is happy with how the team has been playing on the whole. Sure, he is thrilled to be 5-0, but I bet he doesn't just celebrate that fact with the team in practice. 

And I think that's where most people's comments are coming from. We know we have a team good enough to win a handful more games this year, but is it good enough to win the conference? So far, I don't think anyone is sure, but we'd all love to see some signs it is possible.

• Like 1