• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This I don't get. Why let it frustrate you? Were you confident last year?

I’d like to win one at some point and it seems like it’d be more fun than beating UMass. And I’ve never been confident, but I thought we had a better chance last year than I do this year.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

We can win a lot of games AND not win the important ones. They're not mutually exclusive.

I think this current team is very capable of winning 9-10 games and that's something to be happy about. I enjoy watching us win more than I enjoy watching us lose. 

I'm not nearly as confident we'll win our first title of any kind in football and that frustrates me.

This. 

I love that were winning but I'm frustrated that we aren't playing the kind of football that wins tight games against quality football teams. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I’d like to win one at some point and it seems like it’d be more fun than beating UMass. And I’ve never been confident, but I thought we had a better chance last year than I do this year.

The overwhelming majority of our victories have been against our AAC conference mates, if beating them hasn’t excited you I am not sure why you hold on to hope that getting a conference championship against them will be more exciting for you. We all have to find hope somewhere I suppose, like my undying dream we will one day be freed from this land of misfit toys we have had the misfortune of coexisting with since the BEAST imploded, that may or may not be rooted in reality.

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This. 

I love that were winning but I'm frustrated that we aren't playing the kind of football that wins tight games against quality football teams. 

CSH is playing 4d chess while you are playing checkers. He keeps all the games tight so when the tight one you think matters needs it we will have more practice than anyone, smart.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The overwhelming majority of our victories have been against our AAC conference mates, if beating them hasn’t excited you I am not sure why you hold on to hope that getting a conference championship against them will be more exciting for you. We all have to find hope somewhere I suppose, like my undying dream we will one day be freed from this land of misfit toys we have had the misfortune of coexisting with since the BEAST imploded, that may or may not be rooted in reality.

You play the game to win hardware and be the best out of all of your peers. 

Just now, puc86 said:

CSH is playing 4d chess while you are playing checkers. He keeps all the games tight so when the tight one you think matters needs it we will have more practice than anyone, smart.

Saying people are playing 4d chess is the ultimate rainbows and puppy dogs philosophy. You are who you are on game day. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I think we'd all like to win one and it would definitely be more fun than beating UMass but I'd think the frustration would set in if we actually don't win one this year.

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

You play the game to win hardware and be the best out of all of your peers. 

I refuse to accept the AAC as our peers, more like captors.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think we'd all like to win one and it would definitely be more fun than beating UMass but I'd think the frustration would set in if we actually don't win one this year.

I think some of it comes from how close we've been the past 3 seasons. We're also seeing some of the same issues that cost us the last 2 seasons are still issues. We've got 2 and a half seasons of blue balls 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I refuse to accept the AAC as our peers, more like captors.

That's the reality right now if you like it or not. Keep day dreaming about 4d chess tho.... It seems to help you 

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Saying people are playing 4d chess is the ultimate rainbows and puppy dogs philosophy. You are who you are on game day. 

That’s the part you took exception to? Not the intentionally keeping games close against lesser opponents part? We are who we are on gameday and more often than not we are winners.