• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think we can all be reasonable when looking at this. Yes, over the past 3 seasons or so we have won a lot of games (33-6 over the last 39). At some point, the focus needs to turn from winning games to winning something larger, in this case, the AAC East Division and then the AAC Championship. In order to do that, we know that we have to get by UCF. As of right now, UCF looks much better in winning than we do. While I won't go as far as those that are lamenting how bad this team may be, I will say that I am concerned about our ability to win down the stretch. I am hoping we get healthy and the team starts to click. If not, a 8-4 or 9-3 record is a definite possibility. I doubt CCS is happy with how the team has been playing on the whole. Sure, he is thrilled to be 5-0, but I bet he doesn't just celebrate that fact with the team in practice. 

I should hope he isn’t resting on his  laurels as his job is to make the team better and put them in positions to win every week. What are we as fans aiming to accomplish by trying to ignore all of our wins, saying who cares about winning the first 8 and I bet we can lose our last four? 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

What are we as fans aiming to accomplish by trying to ignore all of our wins, saying who cares about winning the first 8 and I bet we can lose our last four? 

Probably no more or less than saying it doesn't matter if we win them or not, since no one is going to remember it anyway.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Probably no more or less than saying it doesn't matter if we win them or not, since no one is going to remember it anyway.

I have had thousands of conversations about USF and our wins (pretty much exclusively P5 victories) irl I have never once had, overheard or observed a conference championship victories discussion outside of this board much less an AAC championship discussion. The issue exists in a small segment of our fanbase and a small segment of UcF’s fanbase. Most people in real life don’t care and probably assume we have a few.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Most people in real life don’t care and probably assume we have a few.

Most people in real life don't care about us at all and I completely disagree that the average USF fan doesn't ever discuss conference championships or lack thereof outside this board.

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Most people in real life don't care about us at all and I completely disagree that the average USF fan doesn't ever discuss conference championships or lack thereof outside this board.

I’m sure those that are tortured by it on this board lament about it in real life, I sadly do not know any of those people.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

24 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Most people can't tell USF from UCF, the Memphis fans in my office where trying to talk trash with me about their game against UCF this weekend.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

34 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I should hope he isn’t resting on his  laurels as his job is to make the team better and put them in positions to win every week. What are we as fans aiming to accomplish by trying to ignore all of our wins, saying who cares about winning the first 8 and I bet we can lose our last four? 

We aren't aiming at anything other than expressing concerns about deficiencies that are on the field at any given time. We should be at a point where just winning isn't enough. The days of 2-10 are long gone. We are a winning program again with great players and we are doing great with recruiting. I think we all can see that the time to build on that is now and the next step in the progression is to at least win our division, if not our conference. Based upon what you have seen on the field thus far, do you really think we will win all of our remaining games? 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

39 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And I think that's where most people's comments are coming from. We know we have a team good enough to win a handful more games this year, but is it good enough to win the conference? So far, I don't think anyone is sure, but we'd all love to see some signs it is possible.

We have seen flashes that it is possible this year from all 3 phases of the game. On the flip-side, we have also seen flashes that suggest we could lose 3 or 4 before all is said and done. 

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That 30-4 is impressive until you look under the hood:

• 2015 Best Win* - Temple (Final 2016 Sagarin Rating #52)
  • 2016 Best Win - Navy (#61); note: 0-2 against teams from inside the Sagarin Top 50
  • 2017 Best Win - Texas Tech (#48); note: 1-1 against teams from inside the Sagarin Top 50
  • 2018 Best Win - Georgia Tech #41 Sagarin Rating as of this week)

We’ve gotten fat on a pretty soft schedule, have had Quinton Flowers to thank for most of those wins, and have failed to win any of our marque matchups during that time frame (0-3 against Sagarin Top 40 teams). When realize that our defense is bad (#98 nationally) and our offense doesn’t have Flowers to bail them out any more you’ll know that you’ll probably want to stop your arbitrary end points after Game 36 when this team goes 1-4 to end the season and your arguement collapses on itself. We are not tired of winning. We are tired of losing the games that matter.

*only includes the 2015 Best Win for the arbitrary starting point of mid-2015.

2015 has nothing to do with our 26-4 it’s this season plus the previous two seasons. Also you are discounting that teams very frequently lose to teams they are better than. Even if we had a 75% probability to win every single one of those games we would have been expected to lose 8 games over that span, we lost four. Plenty of teams had worse schedules than us, plenty of teams had better schedules than us but only a handful have a record like ours.

• Upvote 2