• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you assess this?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

1. We won.

2. Best team between Fowler and Fletcher.

3. Go Bulls!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Peanut gallery's two cents...

I expected the team to be a bit flat after that fight last week.  To middle weights stood toe to toe in the FL heat.  It was brutal and had to take a toll.  I still wanted to fly to Chicago so bad though I could taste it but I digress. 

Barnett is a gamer.  Knock on wood he continues to avoid fatal mistakes. If his deep ball was better he mighta played on Sundays.  Dammnn glad to have him.  Defense is soft on the run but they are pretty good in late in the game too.  Eliminate the penalties then this team can be dominate this season.

As for the day I think UofIL is a lil better than last year and USF may not be the same team as last season but still good enough to compete for the conference division.  Our Bulls probably stole one that puts them half way to a bowl game..  I think they can compete in all the games on the schedule especially with the last one being in Tampa.

Hang on Bulls fans because this could get good down the road.  To be continued...

Edited by BullDoug

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

14 minutes ago, BullDoug said:

Peanut gallery's two cents...

I expected the team to be a bit flat after that fight last week.  To middle weights stood toe to toe in the FL heat.  It was brutal and had to take a toll.  I still wanted to fly to Chicago so bad though I could taste it but I digress. 

Barnett is a gamer.  Knock on wood he continues to avoid fatal mistakes. If his deep ball was better he mighta played on Sundays.  Dammnn glad to have him.  Defense is soft on the run but they are pretty good in late in the game too.  Eliminate the penalties then this team can be dominate this season.

As for the day I think UofIL is a lil better than last year and USF may not be the same team as last season but still good enough to compete for the conference division.  Our Bulls probably stole one that puts them half way to a bowl game..  I think they can compete in all the games on the schedule especially with the last one being in Tampa.

Hang on Bulls fans because this could get good down the road.  To be continued...

Definitely agree here-- Illinois has improved. We have changed as a team as well-- some areas a little stronger, some weaker -- namely some key defensive spots which I recall the announcers pointing out during the game that we lost several players to the NFL from last years team. We are clearly smaller on the line. 

That said-- the guys playing are gamers and I like their potential.

The myriad of untimely errors (penalties, drops, turnovers) took us off finishing lots of drives. Special teams -- was way off too. We shot ourselves in the foot so often that the announcers said we were running out of feet to shoot.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I wonder if the team was stil mentally and emotionally tired after last week’s game. There were so many drive killing mental errors, which we have been pretty good about avoiding so far this year.

Without those drive killers in the red zone and we play 4 quarters of the type of football have seen from Gilbert’s offense since the Ilinois game last year, we win by 3 TDs. 

Even in a struggle, Barnett threw for 400 yards and Cronkrite ran for 136. 

There was still something strange about this game. Even from the standpoint of guys who started on defense. 

Did Jaymon Thomas play?  Didn’t hear his name called once.  Bentlee Sanders has made several big plays in each of the last 2 games.  Didn’t hear his name called.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

6-6 isn't out of the realm of possibility - there is alot of season left.

Its possible but not likely how they look.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I don't disagree. But seeing USF "host" a wounded FSU team led by Willie Taggart would be very enjoyable.

Yeah that would be fun.  But they gotta play Miami, Clemson, ND, UF, NC State, Boston College...from what I see not winning any of those this year thats 8 losses.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

I’m thankful we’re 3-0 with 2/3 wins against P5’s . We’ve won a though game at home and one on the road. Until we get to Houston we won’t play better competition than we just have. Bulls offensive needs to stay focused and cut out the turnovers. The defense needs to keep improving especially stopping the explosive run plays.  Outside of injuries we should be able to keep winning up to th Houston game. I really feel good in game adjustments seem to be happening from the coaching staff, which I don’t remember happening here for a long time. I’m excited to see what happens and no matter what this team plays some entertaining games. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I don't disagree. But seeing USF "host" a wounded FSU team led by Willie Taggart would be very enjoyable.

Absolutely that would be a great game day

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

30 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Make him 0 - 2 in bowl games.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

55 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:
1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Make him 0 - 2 in bowl games.

Smells like a fine steak to me...