• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you assess this?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

The pessimistic view: We barely scraped by a team that will probably be sub-500, a team that was down several starters, and was a young team to begin with. The defense was gashed regularly in the first half again. We did everything we could to hand that game to them: A truckload of penalties, two interceptions, two missed FGs. We needed a blown coverage to pull this out.

The Optimistic view: We beat a P5 team on the road in a game in which we were not at our best. Barnett showed a lot of character by overcoming a slow start, and eventually put up 400+ yards and pulled out another win. This can only continue to boost Barnett's confidence, and the chemistry will only get better between him and the offense each week. We seem better at running between the Tackles than I can ever remember. CronKrite looked really good. The defense came alive when it needed to, and looked pretty good in the second half.

The way I see it: Bottom  line, we are 3-0. GT and Illinois are not very good, but the manner in which we won those games makes them very good wins. The Offense hasn't fully gelled just yet, but they are still putting up big numbers. We are probably a little above average at this point, but I think we will get better on both sides of the ball as the season progresses. Even though the Defense still gets gashed too often, they have shown the ability to make in-game adjustments, and get stops when needed, and has potential to be a decent unit.   We have what should be a somewhat soft four game stretch before Houston. I was thoroughly frustrated with this team in the first half, but I'll stick with my original prediction. We go at least 11-1, and maybe undefeated if we get by Houston.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Texas Tech has put 63 points up on Houston.  Is TT that powerful or is UH having some defensive struggle too?

These last two are gutcheck wins.  they prepare us for tougher games.  We won games we might ordinarily have lost not too long ago.  

I squirmed in my seat more than I would have liked, but I like the way the defense turned it around and made a difference late in the game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

1-1 TTU just hung 63 on Houston

Edited by TRUTH D. Antagonist
added TTU's record for added emphasis

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Agree with the bottom line...a W is a W and there were some positives to take out of this.  Also some huge negatives and room for improvement.  Not so sure about 11-1...9-3 looks optimistic to me after today, and I'm closer to 8-4.  The American will be much better than Illinois (maybe not GA Tech).  We also showed today we have the potential to easily crap the bed.  Lots of season left still.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

A .500 big ten team is an upper tier aac team, plus we are scrappy. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Joseph R Bennett said:

Just enjoy the ride, Coaches have a lot of items to clean up, but you have to love the fight with this team.

This...I promised I would not look at the big picture too much this year. College football is just too crazy. Just enjoying each week.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

A .500 big ten team is an upper tier aac team, plus we are scrappy. 

image.png.66685e78a4212b3a91eb4c4c25ba320e.png

We're wiry

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Apis Bull said:

image.png.66685e78a4212b3a91eb4c4c25ba320e.png

We're wiry

Just like the replacements except I think he was a kicker and ours is not so scrappy.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This...I promised I would not look at the big picture too much this year. College football is just too crazy. Just enjoying each week.

I can't help but look at the big picture. Like Boise losing 44-21 for example...