• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's in the plan for the first tailgate of 2018?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

We are wrapping up the new Tailgate Trailer right now. Feel free to look through my photos of the trailer conversion. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nuR9CeDYy1fXlqlRq4il23vTNaFHuryn 

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

I just read where the pre-game family fun zone that used to be in the south parking lot has been moved to the actual stadium plaza on the south side under the scoreboard.

Wonder what resistance security put up before this was decided on.  I can imagine it's a bit tougher to keep your eyes on things with the bounce houses, vendor booths, etc. involved.

Also, any insight as to why this was done?  More room for the tailgate guys?  I don't think I even noticed them last year.

I was just at RayJay last Friday for the Bucs-Lions game and they definitely did some renovation to the south plaza (outside by the ticket booths)...

Is this where your talking about?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Are we talking about the new “Bulls Bay”?

From GoUSFBulls.com

BULLS BAY
The USF football pregame fan experience moves to a new location in the south plaza outside Raymond James Stadium, directly below the scoreboard, and takes on a new name starting in 2018. Bulls Bay will open to fans three hours prior to kickoff with an enhanced pregame experience including food, drinks, music and fun. Bulls Bay will feature face painters, bounce houses for the kids, Rocky the Bull and promotional giveaways for fans throughout the season. Then, starting with the ECU game on Saturday, September 22, fans are encouraged to chill out on Adirondack chairs under Tiki Hut umbrellas on the new sand beaches located throughout the plaza as they await the Bulls Stampede of players and coaches entering the stadium for game day through Bulls Bay approximately two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Wish I was tailgating, looks like some of you are putting forth some awesome efforts! I will be waking up (or staying up) til 6am and trying to convince my gf that I am not insane, and trying to get our roommate to root for USF (he is a University of Delaware fan/graduate). Probably will do some bacon and pancakes to bribe the household lol.

My only wish for this season is minimal 3:30 games

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

I kegged a beer last night, and I think we're getting an Ice Luge.  Also the smoker is likely getting broke out for this game, but keeping it simple with chicken and stuff. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

Definitely doing Philly cheese steaks for this one. Going with steak and eggs for Ga Tech. Pulled pork or brisket for ECU. Then I wil think about October. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

Wish I was tailgating, looks like some of you are putting forth some awesome efforts! I will be waking up (or staying up) til 6am and trying to convince my gf that I am not insane, and trying to get our roommate to root for USF (he is a University of Delaware fan/graduate). Probably will do some bacon and pancakes to bribe the household lol.

My only wish for this season is minimal 3:30 games

Hmmm...changing a Blue Hen to a Bull is probably a big task.  Good luck.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Definitely doing Philly cheese steaks for this one. Going with steak and eggs for Ga Tech. Pulled pork or brisket for ECU. Then I wil think about October. 

**** that is doing it right. I like the theme eating strategy, might have to do the same. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

**** that is doing it right. I like the theme eating strategy, might have to do the same. 

33 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

What am I missing?  Isn't Elon from N.C.?  Save the cheesesteaks for Temple next year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

What am I missing?  Isn't Elon from N.C.?  Save the cheesesteaks for Temple next year.

It is. Elon, North Carolina to be exact. Between Greensboro and the Raleigh-Durham metroplex.

Not sure how cheese stakes fit as a theme. Carolina BBQ is unique in that Carolina BBQ sauce is vinegar based and has mustard as a main ingredient. 

Might bring some Mt. Olive Pickles and Krispy Kreme donuts this weekend, too. 

If I were going to the Georgia Tech game, I'd definitely do a themed breakfast that included waffles and hash browns covered, smothered, chunked, ...., etc. What Atlanta has more than anything else, is Waffle Houses. :D