• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just have this feeling about this offense....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Calibull said:

Get use to the Charlie Strong way of doing things. He does not put out a lot of information... never has.  Even when it comes to who's starting at any position.  Aside from the returning starters from last season... nobody actually knows who any of the other starters are.  He's not named many.  This is not unusual for him... this is what Strong does.  It's part of who he is as a coach. 

This has become pretty obvious, which makes it even more mystifying how you are so sure that Barnett is the guy this season and that he is going to slay it all year long.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

6 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This.  QF was the greatest offensive player to have ever worn the green and gold and was solely responsible for a lot of the success we’ve had the last few years.  Without him behind center and his ability to turn broken/bad plays in to great plays, I have no idea what to expect out of our offense. 

A QB who actually stands in the pocket and gets the ball downfield before plays break down.  I love Flowers to death but he missed a ton of plays someone with a better arm would have made.  He often ran out the pocket quickly even when there was no pressure.  I mean Flowers was indeed our best offensive player to date... but he won't always be.  Barnett has more talent than Flowers as a QB... 

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

This has become pretty obvious, which makes it even more mystifying how you are so sure that Barnett is the guy this season and that he is going to slay it all year long.  

I've seen all these guys play QB... I've had the good fortune of being able to follow Barnett.  I'll just let this season tell you what I saw.  He got a raw deal and didn't think things through... this kid is a different kind of talent.

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Calibull said:

A QB who actually stands in the pocket and gets the ball downfield before plays break down.  I love Flowers to death but he missed a ton of plays someone with a better arm would have made.  He often ran out the pocket quickly even when there was no pressure.  I mean Flowers was indeed our best offensive player to date... but he won't always be.  Barnett has more talent than Flowers as a QB... 

We better have above average OL play or this offense goes south real quick

• Upvote 1

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

We better have above average OL play or this offense goes south real quick

Barnett is not some statue... this guy can move.  He can run...  I mean that's not even a worry.  He's a grown man now, I think with a guy like this the offensive line will look better anyway.  He makes fast decisions.  He sees the field well and understands how to move defenses.  He is a smart QB... nothing against Flowers but Barnett is a different animal.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Calibull said:

Barnett is not some statue... this guy can move.  He can run...  I mean that's not even a worry.  He's a grown man now, I think with a guy like this the offensive line will look better anyway.  He makes fast decisions.  He sees the field well and understands how to move defenses.  He is a smart QB... nothing against Flowers but Barnett is a different animal.

Love your optimism and sure hope you’re right

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Remember when I was out there on the Flowers train.  I knew what he could do.  I'm just saying, I'll put it out there... this guy is a DUDE! On this one, I'm as happy as I was when JPP became a Bull. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

35 minutes ago, Calibull said:

33 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Me too. And Cali, I'm not questioning how much you've watched film or saw him in person.  But until I see it and he's named number 1 I'll withhold judgement. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

41 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I've seen all these guys play QB... I've had the good fortune of being able to follow Barnett.  I'll just let this season tell you what I saw.  He got a raw deal and didn't think things through... this kid is a different kind of talent.

I have really only seen Kean (and I am sorry but he reminds me of Bench) so how would you compare and contrast Brett with the other two?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, MMW said:

I have really only seen Kean (and I am sorry but he reminds me of Bench) so how would you compare and contrast Brett with the other two?

BB has a couple of series in college. That should be enough.  And there is the high school film.  Again, just bustin balls here.