• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Strong's Future at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Gtech won the ACC conference in 2009, we've never gone undefeated.  I have no idea of Strong would take the job.  That's going to have a lot to do with his personal goals.

With how many wins and what did it get them?  Like I said... it aint happening this decade or the next.  Telling me something they did almost a decade ago just reinforces what I said.  Thanks for that btw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, chapelbull said:

ucf didnt deserve to be in the playoff last year under the current set up and won't if they run the table this year either

If UNC and Pitt have outstanding years, along with several AAC opponents on their schedule, they might have an outside chance, depending on how the the P5 shakes out ...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

54 minutes ago, Calibull said:

With how many wins and what did it get them?  Like I said... it aint happening this decade or the next.  Telling me something they did almost a decade ago just reinforces what I said.  Thanks for that btw

I'm not sure how I "reinforced" what you said unless the goal posts are mobile.  They won the ACC in 2009 (lost in the Orange Bowl), that's less than a decade ago.  They've played for the conference title twice since then and won the Orange Bowl in 2014.  So it's "got" them 2 New Years Day Bowls in the past decade as an ACC "bottom feeder".  If in any of the next 10 years they get hot and run the table, they're playing in the playoffs.  Meanwhile, we are looking for our first undefeated season in team history.  And if we do pull that off in the next decade, we're most likely not playing in the playoffs (unless it's 2020 and then maybe).

I'm not sure how any of that "reinforces" what you said, but hey .....

And even more importantly, none of it really has anything to do with whether CCS stays or goes if the opportunity presents itself.  Which I hope it does because that means we're doing pretty well.

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If UNC and Pitt have outstanding years, along with several AAC opponents on their schedule, they might have an outside chance, depending on how the the P5 shakes out ...

I don't think the AAC opponents can have outstanding enough years to really matter, but even if your first two parts occur, the fact that your last part still says MIGHT speaks volumes.

Reality is if ucf does somehow run the table again, then that would 25 in a row and they're probably in the playoff.  If they aren't then that could be enough to have a serious rebellion against the establishment.

Edited by chapelbull

28 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Reality is if ucf does somehow run the table again, then that would 25 in a row and they're probably in the playoff.  If they aren't then that could be enough to have a serious rebellion against the establishment.

I don't think 26-0, by itself, makes it probable. There'd have to be a lot of other moving parts to line up for that to happen. They didn't deserve to be in the playoff under the current set up last year and 13-0 this year wouldn't necessarily mean they deserve it ..... but the rebellion would definitely reach epic proportions to expand the playoffs if that happened and they were left out.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

but the rebellion would definitely reach epic proportions to expand the playoffs if that happened and they were left out.

If by 'rebellion,' you mean grumbling on message boards, then, yes.

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't think 26-0, by itself, makes it probable. There'd have to be a lot of other moving parts to line up for that to happen. They didn't deserve to be in the playoff under the current set up last year and 13-0 this year wouldn't necessarily mean they deserve it ..... but the rebellion would definitely reach epic proportions to expand the playoffs if that happened and they were left out.

3 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

If by 'rebellion,' you mean grumbling on message boards, then, yes.

I think it would go deeper than message boards.  26-0 including the NY6 win last year and a couple P5 wins this year.  I think the only way the powers that be could try and justify keeping them out would be 4 teams going undefeated in the P5 conferences.  There will be a major push to expand the playoffs if that happens

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

I'm proud to have CCS and I take him at his word 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

I think it would go deeper than message boards.  26-0 including the NY6 win last year and a couple P5 wins this year.  I think the only way the powers that be could try and justify keeping them out would be 4 teams going undefeated in the P5 conferences.  There will be a major push to expand the playoffs if that happens

It would all depend on their SOS THIS year. Last year's record shouldn't account for anything and I'm sure the Committee would be banging that drum when they chose a 1 loss team over them if their SOS was similar to last year's.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It would all depend on their SOS THIS year. Last year's record shouldn't account for anything and I'm sure the Committee would be banging that drum when they chose a 1 loss team over them if their SOS was similar to last year's.

This,

UCF could go 40-0 and still get left out. The committee gives zero ***** about how upset anyone would be when they leave any G5 team out for a P5 opponent. What are they going to lose? The G5 teams leaving D1A....... That's what they want. If a G5 team gets the OOC schedule they need to make a case, they would still need a year where the P5 cannibalized itself.  

I'm not upset about it either, it is what it is. I accepted that the day they made the distinction. 

Edited by BrassBulls12