• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

Why what, are you suggesting one can't have these feelings, or reconcile said feelings?

Yes.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Hard ass.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We were NEVER the 2nd best team in the country.

Who said we were, and what difference did it make? We deserved to be #2 because we were undefeated, beat a ranked Auburn team on the road and a top 5 WVU, and had a few teams ranked ahead of us lose. I would say if you're ranked #2 midway through the season, playing for a National Championship would be a possibility. I don't recall anybody saying that we were the second best team in the country, but we were #2 for a minute thanks to other teams getting knocked off, and were absolutely deserving to be there. When we were ranked #2, every game looked winnable going forward, but that mid-season swoon thing seemed pretty consistent with CJL.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We were NEVER the 2nd best team in the country.

If UCF can self identify as the National Champion, then why can't USF identify as the number 2 team in the poll? You're not very open or inclusive of the teams chosen pronouns 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

8 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Mr puc,. Thought I'd check back before lights out and make sure they talked you back in off the ledge. Good to see their using the old "cookie" approach. Tomorrow is a new day go forth a conquer. You stimulated a lot of thought and blood flow. I'll leave you with this..10-2 last year that's a successful season but, the disappointment realized was our 2 losses. We were supposed to be the team, undefeated, AAC champs, New Years game but, Not. Everyone feels the disappointments. We're a 20 year old program that has endured a lot of ups/downs, changes, scandal. That's a hell of a lot in a short time. But, we roll on. We hope for more. We keep supporting USF as we can in our own way. Maybe just maybe it will all come together at one time. I'd sure as hell walk around with pride in my USF T if we went undefeated or won the AAC along with kicking some p5 ass. I'm hopeful every year.

Go Bull'simage.thumb.jpeg.bb5daa6cb2c7fa6785a4209ac0cd7ae9.jpegr

Like the Road Trek

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

We most certainly COULD have won a championship in 2007, 2008, or 2009. We needed to finish, but, we had a chance in 2007... were we the second best team in the country, NOPE. Does that matter? Does anyone think that Jim Leavitt couldn't have gotten a team to play out of their minds for 1 game? (Auburn, FSU, WVU, UL, etc...). We would have played Ohio State and Todd Boeckman that year for the championship, they have a history of losing to speed. We were in control of our own destiny. Close out the season undefeated and we were in the BCS national championship game. UConn was ranked when we played them. Cincy was respected and I think ranked during the season... it's not like we wouldn't have had quality wins.

UCF last year may have been what really hurt the most. It was a slap in the face that we are 100% not in control of our own destiny. 

Again, I will root for this team as I always have, but, priorities in life revolve around my family. I was optimistic last year before the UH loss... I really thought that we may have had a chance to get into the playoffs with Flowers' story and back-to-back great seasons. But, UCF was snubbed and reality rained down on us. The G5 is not going to crash the party. Sure, winning some conference championships will be fun, but, it's not the same in this conference. We do need to win so that we can get in a better position going forward. That's the key at this point.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, Orlando Bull said:

We most certainly COULD have won a championship in 2007, 2008, or 2009. We needed to finish, but, we had a chance in 2007... were we the second best team in the country, NOPE. Does that matter? Does anyone think that Jim Leavitt couldn't have gotten a team to play out of their minds for 1 game? (Auburn, FSU, WVU, UL, etc...). We would have played Ohio State and Todd Boeckman that year for the championship, they have a history of losing to speed. We were in control of our own destiny. Close out the season undefeated and we were in the BCS national championship game. UConn was ranked when we played them. Cincy was respected and I think ranked during the season... it's not like we wouldn't have had quality wins.

UCF last year may have been what really hurt the most. It was a slap in the face that we are 100% not in control of our own destiny. 

Again, I will root for this team as I always have, but, priorities in life revolve around my family. I was optimistic last year before the UH loss... I really thought that we may have had a chance to get into the playoffs with Flowers' story and back-to-back great seasons. But, UCF was snubbed and reality rained down on us. The G5 is not going to crash the party. Sure, winning some conference championships will be fun, but, it's not the same in this conference. We do need to win so that we can get in a better position going forward. That's the key at this point.

And there you have the argument against us ever being Nat'l Champs. We were great in one big win games.  Champions don't lose 3 games to middle of the pack BE teams.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

yeah man we would have been champs if we wouldn't have lost all those game. 

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

25 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

yeah man we would have been champs if we wouldn't have lost all those game. 

That’s how I feel when I think of the 2011-2012 MBB team. If we’d have just beaten Ohio and then won maybe 4 more games in a row, we’d have had something special.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

20 hours ago, puc86 said:

I am trying to manifest it into the world, I just read the secret and I put it onto my vision board. Plus some people here try to say they love the AAC and they prefer it over half the P5, I feel they are trying to incite me into posting.  And you may be suprised about how much therapy I probably require.

Honestly, I do like the AAC, and it has nothing to do with you. I love the type of cities, the geography, southern(ish), I would trade UConn and Temple for two more southern cities if it didn't mean losing an almost guaranteed national champion shot each year. I love that Wichita St now brings their kick-ass baseball team to the conference. I love that I can go up to Annapolis in fall and wallow in the history of the academy. I love the idea of Bourbon Street coming to Tampa. I love the fact I get so frustrated because we can't beat UConn in women's basketball. I love the steady constant yearly football game against Cincinnati cause I'll never forget Warsteiner beer on tap that one year. I love the fact that the USF-UCF game last year was considered by many to be the game of the year. I love to hate UCF and I love that UCF loves to hate us.  I love the potential of this league and I love watching inter-conference play. I' hope the AAC will get the recognition it deserves but I know that is unlikely so I will be very sorry when the teams we face now will run to the money instead of maintaining this nice cohesive unit we have. But you know what, thats ok, at minimum I have this year, and if nothing changes, ill have next year. 

• Upvote 2