• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well, there's a missed opportunity . . .

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

We want more people to attend and get involved with USF athletics.

One current fan speaks up with insight as to why he/she missed an earlier opportunity to be a Bulls fan.

Instead of calling into question that fan's awareness of a website, why not examine the reality of attendance and marketing?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

So since it's VERY likely any short commercial during orientation would be 90% football, you'd probably prefer athletics doing something separate in order to highlight all 17 of our sports that could benefit from greater student awareness?

Easily highlight all of them in 90 seconds while everybody's just sitting and waiting for orientation to start. EVERY advertisement will have some effect. You can argue this as long as you want. FACT is that advertisement works. You may not buy a KIA, but if you live in the Bay area you darn sure know who and what HHHUUUUUUGGGEEA is all about. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Easily highlight all of them in 90 seconds while everybody's just sitting and waiting for orientation to start. EVERY advertisement will have some effect. You can argue this as long as you want. FACT is that advertisement works. You may not buy a KIA, but if you live in the Bay area you darn sure know who and what HHHUUUUUUGGGEEA is all about. 

You can live an hour and a half away from the bay area and still be annoyed by that guy. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

8 hours ago, Landino21 said:

I promise you, if I would have seen that video I would have figure a way to go to a game. My only experience with sports was Rays and Bucs. 

Since I graduated, I have attended 90% of football home games (only sport my husband cares about), all bowl games and some away games. I invite friends to the games and other events, wear USF gear ALL the time,  my RV has a USF tag, I'm almost all about it.

So your whole problem about not going while you were there is because you couldn't get a free ticket? Which I fully understand based on your unconventional student status but just a little confused about the scope of your complaint ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Not sure why you’re still hung up on the legitimacy of advertising. I still haven’t denied it works. But you aren’t going to sell a lot of beer to someone who doesn’t drink and kids who don’t like football aren’t being convinced otherwise at orientation.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Walking into the Beer Dome last season, two students walking by asked "what's going on in there?"

Chances are that those two students walkes by the Rec Center, and had no idea what was going on in there either.

2 hours ago, Landino21 said:

I see why you get so many downvotes, you are so charming!

I sent an email and received a partial response "having issues locating your account..." I sent a reply back the same day and haven't heard back since. That was 5 days ago. Hard to get that warm fuzzy feeling that athletics is doing their best. 

Have you account number in front of you...the pick up the phone and call John Lewis.

I’ve never had a question/problem that a phone call to my Account Rep that wasn’t answered/resolved by them or another rep.  Online is another story...IMO it’s been a cluster F for years.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

I had posted a topic that I asked to be removed, but what I kind of said went along with this thread. Until the university bridges the gap between athletics, clubs and academics all the advertising or lack of advertising in the world in my opinion won’t work. You have to create a partnership where people have each other’s back. 

An example I thought of is Clemson I think delayed the first day of spring semester classes because of the national title game a few years ago. When I was a student at USF played a home game against West Virginia on a Thursday night, but we weren’t very good at this particular time and classmates of mine couldn’t get there final exam rescheduled to go to a ESPN nationally televised game involving USF. Many students had the same issue and thus the student section was empty. 

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

So your whole problem about not going while you were there is because you couldn't get a free ticket? Which I fully understand based on your unconventional student status but just a little confused about the scope of your complaint ...

No, I didn't know when and where the games were played and how to go about getting tickets etc. Knowing it was free and seeing a video would have piqued my interest. I was brand new to college sports. 

24 minutes ago, Landino21 said:

No, I didn't know when and where the games were played and how to go about getting tickets etc. Knowing it was free and seeing a video would have piqued my interest. I was brand new to college sports. 

Did’t you read the Oracle, or not know it was free too?

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise
  • Haha 1