• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well, there's a missed opportunity . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

Since I’m out of town and don’t feel like typing on my phone...

Yes. My statement was definitely that commercials don’t do anything.

Tell that to OxiClean and Billy Mays (RIP).

http://www.popularyoutube.com/video/ZTpXh33Mbeg/Billy-Mays-first-OxiClean-ad

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

18 hours ago, JTrue said:

Since I’m out of town and don’t feel like typing on my phone...

Yes. My statement was definitely that commercials don’t do anything.

I'm guessing that there's a multi-BILLION $$$$$$ industry that does not agree with you.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Geeze, @JTrue we really do need that sarcasm font. :facepalm: 

• Upvote 2

On that note, I do believe a separate athletics thing would be more effective instead of lumping it in with orientation.  There's so much information given that is far more important to a vast majority of the students, that the athletics message would likely get lost.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

On that note, I do believe a separate athletics thing would be more effective instead of lumping it in with orientation.  There's so much information given that is far more important to a vast majority of the students, that the athletics message would likely get lost.

This

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Image result for why not both

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

More information may not be needed, but a video hyping up the athletics program while parents and siblings are there with some "Be Part of the Action!" encouragement should be part of every orientation. 

I didn't know it was free for students and never attended a game as a student, for that I blame athletics.

4 minutes ago, Landino21 said:

More information may not be needed, but a video hyping up the athletics program while parents and siblings are there with some "Be Part of the Action!" encouragement should be part of every orientation. 

I didn't know it was free for students and never attended a game as a student, for that I blame athletics.

So, it has already been mentioned above that a video was sent over but not used.  It was also mentioned that athletics has been saying that the events are free for students at the orientations.  Thirdly, you never attended a game because you didn't know that they were free?  You never thought to ask how much games were?  Sounds like you really weren't that interested to begin with, so would a two minute, "hype" video during your orientation actually change that?   You may answer with a, "yes" but I seriously doubt that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Landino21 said:

Take some personal responsibility and blame yourself. You never had a conversation with a single other student about attending a game and they never mentioned it was free? Not everything is on athletics to market 100%. Plenty of work has to be done by word of mouth and personal contribution. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Landino21 said:

How long ago were you there?