• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

USF is part of the AAC. Therefore if it benefits the AAC it benefits USF. You all seem to forget, that NCAA football uses a voting system. Currently the AAC has had more ranked teams than the MAC and MWC. Take those 2 BCS wins UCF added to the AAC record, then we wouldnt have had as much respect from the voters. UCF has 2 BCS/NY6 bowl victories and Houston has 1. Conference perception plays a huge part in our success while in the AAC.  Imagine if another G6 conference won those 2 BCS/NY6 bowl games. Would we still be able to claim "P6" 😎

image.png.c7ac20dacd8a6acf1bd6cf9e5c8c24e1.png

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

Nope...I'm not sure what guilt feels like, but I'm pretty sure this isn't it.  But seriously, I didn't see any real hating on Taggart, but you clearly did (unless you were kidding).   I'm merely stating you can be critical of his skills or actions without being a hater (and the term "hater" is so stupid & overused, IMO).

Taggart got hated on when he was the coach and then got hated on after he left. Which is why I found it so funny how some people were butthurt when he left. Ive notice the same hate is festering for CCS. You may not see it, but its quite evident. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

USF is part of the AAC. Therefore if it benefits the AAC it benefits USF. You all seem to forget, that NCAA football uses a voting system. Currently the AAC has had more ranked teams than the MAC and MWC. Take those 2 BCS wins UCF added to the AAC record, then we wouldnt have had as much respect from the voters. UCF has 2 BCS/NY6 bowl victories and Houston has 1. Conference perception plays a huge part in our success while in the AAC.  Imagine if another G6 conference won those 2 BCS/NY6 bowl games. Would we still be able to claim "P6" 😎

I agree with you here. They have helped raise the profile of the AAC a bit. Many on this board will pull for any AAC team in any OOC game, especially against P5 opponents, for that very reason. The conference is better with the addition of UCF. More eyes on them will at some point lead to more eyes on us. Of course the biggest beneficiary of UCF being invited to the AAC is UCF, but it benefits the entire conference as well, at least when they are having this kind of success.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

25 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

i said the BCS games helped keep the AAC above the other G6 schools. In the end, we need to keep ourselves separated from the other G6 conferences.

I guess, I mean those Boise State wins in the Fiesta Bowl really propelled the Mountain West to P6 status ..... they should have declared themselves National Champions, then maybe

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

49 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

So, there's no rule anywhere that might say that if a conference were to average a certain TV rating over a given time period, or average a certain attendance, they would gain P6 status? It basically comes down to a TV network deciding to allow us in? I doubt either of those two metrics would ever get us in anyway, but is it written anywhere what exactly it would take?

Correct, but you can assume if people are watching the tv money will be there. But we will never get the viewers the Big 5 conf have.  True, we do get a few games were people watch but no one‘s going to be catching East Carolina versus Tulane. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You still havent answered how UCF hurts USF by being in our conference? 

The compete with us for resources, they infringe on our brand with their gold color, they suck, and I hate them, that's why.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

True, we do get a few games were people watch but no one‘s going to be catching East Carolina versus Tulane. 

Exactly. Also, any AAC team would need to string several very good seasons together to really maintain any kind of national attention, which is hard to do when the Power conferences constantly poach any decent coaches. If UCF starts going downhill with Huepel, they will instantly be forgotten about by everyone outside the AAC. The whole system doesn't work out very well for the have-nots.

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

Exactly. Also, any AAC team would need to string together several very good seasons together to really maintain any kind of national attention, which is hard to do when the Power conferences constantly poach any decent coaches. If UCF starts going downhill with Huepel, they will instantly be forgotten about by everyone outside the AAC. The whole system doesn't work out very well for the have-nots.

That's a design feature!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The argument that "whatever helps the AAC also helps USF" is flawed logic. There can be any number of situations where the contrary is true, in both directions.

Personally I don't want to move to the B12, but I would jump to the ACC in a heartbeat. This would help USF tremendously and hurt the AAC.

UCF joining the AAC can also be an example of the opposite direction, especially regarding recruiting. When we are a "step above" the kanniggitts, our recruiting should be as well. When highscoolers see us as equivalent, that hurts us.

That said, I like having UCF as a rival. Gives us someone to hate unconditionally. Eff them.

Go Bulls!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

43 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

The compete with us for resources, they infringe on our brand with their gold color, they suck, and I hate them, that's why.

I have news for you buddy, there are plenty of teams that come to the state of Florida that competes with our resources....thats how the game goes man. UCF just happens 2 live closer to us. In the end, we just have to differ in opinion over the whole "voting them in" aurgument. I would never admit a weaker member into the AAC over a waaaay more qualified candidate b/c Im scared of competition. I simply rather enjoy beating them on the football field. But I can understand how you feel though.