• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Former Bull Mike White got drafted

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I could be wrong, but wasn’t Mike White a baseball only guy up until his JR or SR year in high school? Maybe he just wasn’t ready when he was here. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think White read the writing on the wall when it was clear that the offense had to transition from Taggart's first year  Power Offense to what became the Gulf Coast Offense.  

No way White would have excelled in the GCO.  I think he was in a great situation for his skill set with a great developer of QBs in Brohm.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I could be wrong, but wasn’t Mike White a baseball only guy up until his JR or SR year in high school? Maybe he just wasn’t ready when he was here. 

People floated that around while he was here, but there are football stats online from at least his SO year in high school. It was like the baseball draft nonsense. It just kept getting repeated.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

7 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

He wasn't baseball only but baseball was his bread and butter sport through his junior year.  He wasn't a starting qb until his senior season, throwing only a handful of passes his junior year according to Max Preps.

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I believe during his recruitment someone posted his HS JV football roster that showed him on the team beginning with his freshman year. He wasn’t a varsity starter until his senior year, but it wasn’t like his first taste of football was going 13-0 and player of the year.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I just hope he makes it in the NFL.  He had a hard choice to make when he left USF but he went for it and had a very good college career.  Now he gets drafted in the NFL.  Sounds like a great story to me.  I hope he has put on some weight.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

13 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Let's also not overlook that xCWT recruited the best game day QB in our history (Flowers) and the only drafted QB in our history (White). Let's see CCS #dosomething.

Very good point, but CCS can’t take credit for the qbs on current squad either. Unless one of the new recruits comes in and light things up CCS may have to wait a couple of years to get his on the field 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

On 4/29/2018 at 12:42 AM, The Great 8 said:

Let's also not overlook that xCWT recruited the best game day QB in our history (Flowers) and the only drafted QB in our history (White). Let's see CCS #dosomething.

Bridgewater 

10 minutes ago, MMW said:

Bridgewater 

Also, Holtz was the one who recruited White, xCWT just kept the scholarship open when he took the job.