• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five Star Grad transfer QB Blake Barnett visiting USF this weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On 5/14/2018 at 7:53 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Nope, no problem with that. I don’t mind saying I got a bit of that too. Hope Barnett looks at this as his last chance and worst case scenario pushes  the other two to be better. Regardless, I want the QB who is going to win us games and I could care less if he is from Bama, USF, or a freshman. 

On 5/14/2018 at 7:55 PM, JTrue said:

If he does, we win. No need to be secretive about it. I hope every transfer plays lights out. Not because I don't like the other guys, because it means he's better than the other guys.

Well that makes me feel normal. I've actually been watching a bunch of tape on this guy and I like him...  Watched the spring games at the schools he was at and the few games he played at Bama... I just think this guy oozes talent and was just beat out at Bama by a guy better for what they wanted to do... much like Mike White at USF.  I think the big reason he left ASU was because they got a new coach (Herm Edwards) and I would not doubt one bit if he comes in slinging it.  I was wondering if he was another Woulard but he's not... this kid has arm talent and makes good decisions.  I think we got lucky... I also think someone at the school likely reached out to him first.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, Calibull said:

Well that makes me feel normal. I've actually been watching a bunch of tape on this guy and I like him...  Watched the spring games at the schools he was at and the few games he played at Bama... I just think this guy oozes talent and was just beat out at Bama by a guy better for what they wanted to do... much like Mike White at USF.  I think the big reason he left ASU was because they got a new coach (Herm Edwards) and I would not doubt one bit if he comes in slinging it.  I was wondering if he was another Woulard but he's not... this kid has arm talent and makes good decisions.  I think we got lucky... I also think someone at the school likely reached out to him first.  

I'm guessing you are correct. He probably had never heard of USF being recruited by Alabama initially.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

20180302084616.jpg

The race for quarterback is far from over

By Sam Newlon, Sports Editor
On May 15, 2018

The quarterback race for USF just got more competitive, but the addition of graduate transfer Blake Barnett may have an unintended effect on the position battle that was previously exclusively between Brett Kean and Chris Oladokun.

It is highly unlikely that Barnett, who is transferring for the second time in his three-year collegiate career, will earn a starting quarterback spot for the Bulls in the fall. Having him in the mix, however, will push Kean and Oladokun into a more competitive position battle.

Barnett is already starting behind the bill, as he was absent from spring workouts while Kean and Oladokun had the opportunity to work with the Bulls’ offense all last season and during spring camps.

I don’t expect any of the three athletes to concede the job to each other. I certainly don’t expect Oladokun or Kean to leave the team in reaction to Barnett’s transfer. With no shot at overtaking former quarterback Quinton Flowers in years past, the two stayed put, awaiting their time. Barnett, whose playing time in college is minimal, is on the same level as the duo, if not below.

Barnett is a former five-star recruit out of California. He played for  ....

REST OF STORY

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

54 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I'm guessing you are correct. He probably had never heard of USF being recruited by Alabama initially.

Probably thinks he is transferring to the defending National Champions

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Probably thinks he is transferring to the defending National Champions

What a shock when he gets here and no lazy river.....

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

21 hours ago, Brad said:

20180302084616.jpg

The race for quarterback is far from over

By Sam Newlon, Sports Editor
On May 15, 2018

The quarterback race for USF just got more competitive, but the addition of graduate transfer Blake Barnett may have an unintended effect on the position battle that was previously exclusively between Brett Kean and Chris Oladokun.

It is highly unlikely that Barnett, who is transferring for the second time in his three-year collegiate career, will earn a starting quarterback spot for the Bulls in the fall. Having him in the mix, however, will push Kean and Oladokun into a more competitive position battle.

Barnett is already starting behind the bill, as he was absent from spring workouts while Kean and Oladokun had the opportunity to work with the Bulls’ offense all last season and during spring camps.

I don’t expect any of the three athletes to concede the job to each other. I certainly don’t expect Oladokun or Kean to leave the team in reaction to Barnett’s transfer. With no shot at overtaking former quarterback Quinton Flowers in years past, the two stayed put, awaiting their time. Barnett, whose playing time in college is minimal, is on the same level as the duo, if not below.

Barnett is a former five-star recruit out of California. He played for  ....

REST OF STORY

Sam Newton hates Barnett.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

At the end he says "Barnett is not the man for the job." There is no way he could know Barnett isn't the man for the job.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

59 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

At the end he says "Barnett is not the man for the job." There is no way he could know Barnett isn't the man for the job.

Why not?  We have people on this board that, "know" that kind of stuff all the time.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

So if he says he's coming to USF, doesn't he automatically lose two stars?  Do we need to adjust that in the topic title?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

21 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Why not?  We have people on this board that, "know" that kind of stuff all the time.

Of course we know. Since AW didn't work out, Barnett won't work out. 

• Upvote 1