• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five Star Grad transfer QB Blake Barnett visiting USF this weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

This is true... but after Flowers I think Charlie will give him a chance to play QB first.  McCloud actually has really good arm talent and makes quick reads.  He is a guy who could actually start at many schools... I just think Battles is a real gem... but you never know.  But all that said, I'm inclined to agree with you.

I'm with you on Battles. I think part of the reason why they took McCloud at QB is he can still help the team in other ways if the timing is just wrong for him at QB. I like him at QB too but Battles has a higher ceiling. The staff now has the luxury of giving McCloud a real look and seeing what's truly there while knowing he's dynamic enough to contribute elsewhere by design or his choice. Smart recruiting by CCS 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It seems pretty apparent to me that CCS reached out to Barnett. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Who cares.  He wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't.  It's his job to bring in the best possible talent at all times, regardless of who is on the roster.  How quickly we forget.  Taggart used to say he was recruiting guys to take other guys jobs.  I would hope Strong is doing the same.  If Barnett "takes" Kean or O's "job", so be it.  Give me 20 5 star guys on the roster if you can bring them in and let the best man win.  If someone transfers, so sad, too bad.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Who cares.  He wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't.  It's his job to bring in the best possible talent at all times, regardless of who is on the roster.  How quickly we forget.  Taggart used to say he was recruiting guys to take other guys jobs.  I would hope Strong is doing the same.  If Barnett "takes" Kean or O's "job", so be it.  Give me 20 5 star guys on the roster if you can bring them in and let the best man win.  If someone transfers, so sad, too bad.  

This.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Oh I agree completely, I WSU was just commenting on another post. As long as we win I could care less who the QB is and I am know for certain that is how CCS thinks. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

8 hours ago, Calibull said:

2 and a grad transfer to me says a lot.  I've followed recruiting for years and the only time I see 3 QBs come in a class is when there is a QB problem at the school.  Not saying there is, but neither Kean or Oladokun is blowing anyone away... I also think they may want one of "their" guys.  I'm not sure they would have even recruited these guys.  Sounds bad but it keeps coming into my mind. 

I don't think McCloud will be a QB.  Just my gut.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

If you have a starter who you're comfortable with, I can think of some circumstances you say no. 

Great point...I doubt Taggart would have brought a guy like this leading into Flowers' junior year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Barnett always has worn #8 . . . just saying.

:FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

Great point...I doubt Taggart would have brought a guy like this leading into Flowers' junior year.

True,  CWT had a total Man Crush on QF.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Huge improvement over CWT, I have think that's the first time I've thought that about CCS.