• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five Star Grad transfer QB Blake Barnett visiting USF this weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Huge improvement over CWT, I have think that's the first time I've thought that about CCS. 

Agreed

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

7 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

True,  CWT had a total Man Crush on QF.

Or knew he was the home run swing he needed to save his job.  I'm not a big Taggart fan, but promising QF a shot at QB saved our program (though I suppose Mike White MAY have excelled his last few years, had Flowers bolted).

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

16 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

I don't think McCloud will be a QB.  Just my gut.

I get that same feeling... but I'm a wait and see.

16 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

Great point...I doubt Taggart would have brought a guy like this leading into Flowers' junior year.

Oh god no he wouldn't have. He basically chased away White to keep Flowers from transferring. 

7 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Huge improvement over CWT, I have think that's the first time I've thought that about CCS. 

I think overall Strong has a better understanding of how to put in his systems than Taggart did.  He sees the bigger picture and doesn't placate to players or recruits impulses.  I look at it like this... when Flowers was thinking of transferring Taggart basically begged him to stay even though the he had 1 start against SMU that White had to win in the end for us.  When Craig Watts, one of Taggart's prized four star recruits wanted to transfer after the season, Strong told him to go ahead and look at what's out there and if you find a better situation, feel free to take it.. but afterwards if he decided to stay he was still welcomed on the team.  Watts stayed, but not because he was coddled or begged.  Just a difference in how they see things.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

I look at it like this... when Flowers was thinking of transferring Taggart basically begged him to stay even though the he had 1 start against SMU that White had to win in the end for us.  When Craig Watts, one of Taggart's prized four star recruits wanted to transfer after the season, Strong told him to go ahead and look at what's out there and if you find a better situation, feel free to take it.. but afterwards if he decided to stay he was still welcomed on the team.  Watts stayed, but not because he was coddled or begged.  Just a difference in how they see things.

First, we don't know if CWT "begged" Q to stay. Second, if Watts was a huge component of CCS plans for the next several years do you honestly think he would have had the laissez faire attitude you're attributing to his handling of that situation?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

First, we don't know if CWT "begged" Q to stay. Second, if Watts was a huge component of CCS plans for the next several years do you honestly think he would have had the laissez faire attitude you're attributing to his handling of that situation?

It wasn't a laissez fair attitude I'm attributing... I'm not sure how you're reading that into it.  And I'm actually basing it on an article and interview with Quinton Flowers since he's been with the Bengals and a recent Taggart interview where he said he had to get on the phone and convince him to stay.... in the middle of his best golf game ever.  He begged him to stay... Flowers was closer to transferring than any of us knew.  He'd actually sent Taggart a text saying maybe it's time to part ways.    And CCS has never put out that Watts was huge in his plans over the next few seasons.  He just said he'd have a chance to compete...  who was not listed in the last 2 deep.  So we'll see... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I'm not sure, but are we complaining about Taggart convincing the best offensive player in our history to stick around?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not sure, but are we complaining about Taggart convincing the best offensive player in our history to stick around?

You're god **** right we are. And in another thread, we're complaining about our soon to be highest drafted player ever.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

39 minutes ago, Calibull said:

It wasn't a laissez fair attitude I'm attributing... I'm not sure how you're reading that into it.  And I'm actually basing it on an article and interview with Quinton Flowers since he's been with the Bengals and a recent Taggart interview where he said he had to get on the phone and convince him to stay.... in the middle of his best golf game ever.  He begged him to stay... Flowers was closer to transferring than any of us knew.  He'd actually sent Taggart a text saying maybe it's time to part ways.    And CCS has never put out that Watts was huge in his plans over the next few seasons.  He just said he'd have a chance to compete...  who was not listed in the last 2 deep.  So we'll see... 

Everyone used to accuse me of Trolling when I said CWT had a Man Crush on QF, and that's why Mike White left.  LOB99 has his fingers on the pulse of this team.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

21 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

LOB99 has his fingers on the pulse of this team.

Oh, is that where they are now? 😀

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

You're god **** right we are. And in another thread, we're complaining about our soon to be highest drafted player ever.

Nonsensical fans with unrealistic expectations ..... we've finally made the big time!

• Haha 1