• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brooks Larkin- Oh Boy this is interesting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

He’s essentially whistleblowing. From his perspective it sounds like he tried several times to air his grievances in private; like you all wanted. At some point you need to discuss things publicly to get attention. If his accusations are true, maybe Maddox will be more fair? Maybe CCS will pay more attention and uncover that this was true?

Is Kesha supposed to keep private what happened to her too? When nobody internally gave a crap  or believed her? What’s so different here? If true, he was met with complete ineptitude and Maddox deserves to have some disciplinary actions.

or it could be he just sucked and needed an excuse while still drawing attention to himself....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

In defense of the coaching staff you generally want to pick a line that works great together and is cohesive.  Also in a center they maybe looking at leadership qualities now and worry over the summer about strength or understanding the offense better.  Life isn't fair and often you will learn just because you feel you are the most qualified doesn't mean everything.  Also, pick your battles wisely.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Ex-Bull Brooks Larkin has no regrets about inflammatory statement

Twenty-four hours after creating a local firestorm by calling his position coach a "liar" and "coward" in a lengthy Twitter statement, former Bulls OL Brooks Larkin said he "absolutely" would do it again.

"I knew it would get around and I knew some people are gonna benefit from this," Larkin said Saturday afternoon in a lengthy phone interview. "I think while this could come back to bite me in a professional setting, I can honestly say I did everything I could the right way, and was honest about everything."

Full article

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

Could this be viewed as slander?

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

sleep_important.jpg

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

Heard he wasn't all that great. Not going to miss a guy that goes out the way he did. I think the bigger thing is how the other O linemen responded to his accusations. Makes this guy look like a disgruntled diva who decided to take a parting shot out of bitterness because he probably wasn't good enough to compete for a spot that he thought he was entitled to. Moving on. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

59 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

In defense of the coaching staff you generally want to pick a line that works great together and is cohesive.  Also in a center they maybe looking at leadership qualities now and worry over the summer about strength or understanding the offense better.  Life isn't fair and often you will learn just because you feel you are the most qualified doesn't mean everything.  Also, pick your battles wisely.

From this display, it would seem that he isn't great in either category

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

He’s essentially whistleblowing. From his perspective it sounds like he tried several times to air his grievances in private; like you all wanted. At some point you need to discuss things publicly to get attention. If his accusations are true, maybe Maddox will be more fair? Maybe CCS will pay more attention and uncover that this was true?

Is Kesha supposed to keep private what happened to her too? When nobody internally gave a crap  or believed her? What’s so different here? If true, he was met with complete ineptitude and Maddox deserves to have some disciplinary actions.

Whistleblowing or disgruntled?  

I hate the term disgruntled but it seems to fit in this case since it seems to be all about him and his starting time.  

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

7gEvG.gif

Here’s a look Joey writing about this Larkin crap.

You know he really just wants a bigger sports outlet to pick up this story.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

22 minutes ago, MMW said:

Whistleblowing or disgruntled?  

I hate the term disgruntled but it seems to fit in this case since it seems to be all about him and his starting time.  

Definitely disgruntled between those two choices. Whistle blowing should be used to describe something a helluvalot more serious than this being exposed, even if it is true ...