• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game April 14th

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Running backs looked freaking promising. I mean holy crap we are stacked. GO BULLS. We are going to win football games this year peeps 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, usfbullrider said:

Sun dolls been working out too.

I have never seen so many abs on the Sundolls 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

I have never seen so many abs on the Sundolls 

Noticed that as well.  We won't lose any games.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Maybe it was the Oline but I didn't think the RBs looked all that.  There were a few nice runs but I left at the half so didn't see the whole thing.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Massbull said:

My observation 

I think CO will win the job he looks a lot more fluid and once he settled down he made some incredible throws also he is significantly better runner than BK.They’re going to need that because the offensive  line looked terrible

I was also impressed  by the running backs,looks like they’re going to be solid and they’re receiving corps is impressive. 

The defense looks like it will be better than last year.

CCS mentioned after the game they had to patch together offensive lines because of injuries.  So when Norman and Mayes are back at OT (both sat spring game)  and Big Billy moves back inside to guard (he played tackle in spring with the two starters out), I'm sure they'll be just fine.  

Yeah... I'm kinda pulling for Kean but I can't argue CO looked fluid and pretty impressive today.  I could see him starting... I'm not really worried too much about who the starter will be, I think this team is pretty good.  I feel like they're better than last season and they won 11 games last year.  This is going to be an explosive offense.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Oline - C

RB - A

QB - B

WR - B+

DLine - B+

LB - B

DB - C-   They will have a crapload of penalties called against them

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Oline - C

RB - A

QB - B

WR - B+

DLine - B+

LB - B

DB - C-   They will have a crapload of penalties called against them

If the oline was missing starters than they most likely would be a solid B.

Seems a pretty solid team outside of secondary. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Offense Tops Defense in Thrilling USF Spring Game

OFFENSE TOPS DEFENSE IN THRILLING USF SPRING GAME

PHOTO GALLERY
OFFENSIVE STATS (PDF)
DEFENSIVE STATS (PDF)

By TOM ZEBOLD

USF Senior Writer

TAMPA, APRIL 14, 2018  Charlie Strong's Bulls rewarded fans for packing Corbett Stadium by putting on a show on both sides of the ball in Saturday's USF Spring Game presented by the USF Federal Credit Union.

Quarterbacks Brett Kean and Chris Oladokun both threw a pair of touchdown passes while freshmen receivers Randall St. Felix and Zion Roland posted four catches apiece to lead the white team offense to a 56-55 victory over the green team defense in front of 3,452 fans.

Saturday's game awarded point totals for various achievements on offense and defense (including sacks, tackles for loss and turnovers) instead of splitting up teams and Strong was pleased with the close outcome.  The game was fast-paced with a running clock in both halves.

24760"It was good today that we were able to come out and just compete as well as we competed with offense versus defense," Strong said. "It was a close score. Early, the defense played very well and then the offense got cranked up and was able to make some throws and catches."

Coordinator Brian Jean-Mary's defense also did some damage with an interception by senior safety Jaymon Thomas on top of racking up nine sacks. Senior end Josh Black led the sack attack with 2.5 trips to the quarterback.

Saturday was the latest example of USF's up-tempo offense and aggressive defense both producing positive results through 15 spring practices, which helped the Bulls build a lot of momentum for the fall.

"It's all about fundamentals and technique," Strong said. "That's what you always look for in the spring, where guys get better. You want to make sure each day there's improvement and we were able to improve."

From fans filling the stands, to more USF faithful covering Corbett's grass berms, the Bulls definitely appreciated the support on game day that began with a pair of paratroopers flying onto the field.

"I loved it, the crowd was awesome," Kean said. "It was good getting the band out here playing the whole time. The paratroopers coming in the beginning, it really pumped us up."

More

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Any news on a link to view the replay?

Have to say, though I haven't seen the game yet, that I like the scoring idea better than that for years past. Keeps the team more together as a unit.

Not much mention in the comments so far about LB's, which was my special area of worry. Are we good?

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

40 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Any news on a link to view the replay?

Have to say, though I haven't seen the game yet, that I like the scoring idea better than that for years past. Keeps the team more together as a unit.

Not much mention in the comments so far about LB's, which was my special area of worry. Are we good?

So far so good.  LBs played well.  Defense just looks better than last season.