• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student fee to possibly fund on-campus football stadium

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,596
  • Days Won:  424

14 hours ago, charsibb said:

pretty weak sauce there, son

You have no idea how weak my sauce can be ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,314
  • Days Won:  10

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You have no idea how weak my sauce can be ...

What is your secret to making it weak?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,596
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Rizman said:

What is your secret to making it weak?

I'm working on an infomercial. Will link here when finished. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

23 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Grassroots could still be done in the athletic dept. Let MH go after the whales and put a team together to design a strategy for the minows. If they are willing to pay me to do their work I would be happy do their work for them.

I've volunteered numerous times to meet with lower level donors.  Just cover the lunch for the people I'm meeting. I'd cover my own. No one seems interested. Just let them know they are appreciated.

23 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I agree, but I don't think that is really his primary objective.  Maybe someone else in the office is supposed to continue to cultivate the minnows, but I'm pretty sure his purpose for being here is corporate type support.  Which in Tampa is much more challenging than LA 

Kind of like a MBB coach recruiting to Kentucky and recruiting to USF.  Edit: Pretty sure the newest guys, Josh and Jeff are to work on major gifts.  That only leaves a couple of people for the lower level donors which now seems to include the lowest level of Iron Bulls.  And to give some credit where due, Andrew Goodrich is the guy that brought in the million $ donation from the Naimolis.   

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I've volunteered numerous times to meet with lower level donors.  Just cover the lunch for the people I'm meeting. I'd cover my own. No one seems interested. Just let them know they are appreciated.

Kind of like a MBB coach recruiting to Kentucky and recruiting to USF.  Edit: Pretty sure the newest guys, Josh and Jeff are to work on major gifts.  That only leaves a couple of people for the lower level donors which now seems to include the lowest level of Iron Bulls.  And to give some credit where due, Andrew Goodrich is the guy that brought in the million $ donation from the Naimolis.   

Pretty bush league and shows a lack of effective strategic thinking. What the hell are they thinking?????

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Pretty bush league and shows a lack of effective strategic thinking. What the hell are they thinking?????

My guess is they think there is a need for bigger, corporate type donors and want to emphasis that.   I would think that is how the big boy programs operate.  I'm not saying they should completely neglect smaller donors and they probably don't mean to.

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

There could be logistical and even red tape issues with what you propose.

And yes, it is exactly like going from UK to USF and recruiting in MBB.  It's probably slightly less of a challenge when it comes to the UCLA to USF fundraising adjustment.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

36 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

My guess is they think there is a need for bigger, corporate type donors and want to emphasis that.   I would think that is how the big boy programs operate.  I'm not saying they should completely neglect smaller donors and they probably don't mean to.

Yup.  I've mentioned it earlier in the thread Harlan is bringing a big boy style operation to USF instead of the mom n pops set up we had.  If it works for him and USF remains to be seen but the two things I do know is he has given the IPF and OCS a kick in the ass that no other AD in our history has.   Getting those finished and funded or failing to will ultimately be his legacy and will ultimately decide if this is a good strategy.   He's tied his future as an AD at USF and beyond to those two projects and if that's a good gamble remains to be seen.  

6 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup.  I've mentioned it earlier in the thread Harlan is bringing a big boy style operation to USF instead of the mom n pops set up we had.  If it works for him and USF remains to be seen but the two things I do know is he has given the IPF and OCS a kick in the ass that no other AD in our history has.   Getting those finished and funded or failing to will ultimately be his legacy and will ultimately decide if this is a good strategy.   He's tied his future as an AD at USF and beyond to those two projects and if that's a good gamble remains to be seen.  

That's why he was brought here.  If we want to play with the big boys, then we have to act like the big boys.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

18 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That's why he was brought here.  If we want to play with the big boys, then we have to act like the big boys.

When did UCLA build it’s OCS and IPF