• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks Like Sun Dome has a Sponsor Name

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I’m fine with this.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

18 hours ago, BDYZR said:

ONLY because there wasn't a better place at the moment o put this...

LOCAL FLAVOR | Brass Tap in Carrollwood re-opens with bourbon on draft... Carrollwood Brewing Company partnered with The Brass Tap to install ten bourbons, and a pair of premixed cocktails to the taps.

Bourbon on tap?  Another thing to add to the bar at the house.  Where is the Brass Tap?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

I'm sorry, I don't have the time to read this whole thread.. but tell me what's on the first and last pages isn't true. A (mediocre) beer company is going to sponsor the Sun Dome? Is it official?

As long as the check clears I'm good with it. 

Re: Yuengling, I drank it fairly regularly years back although I don't drink much beer.  Then one time I ordered it and it tasted different to me.  Asked for a new glass - same thing. Asked for a bottle - same thing. It seemed like overnight my taste buds had changed. Tried it several times after and still didn't like it.  So stayed away from it.  Had one on their tour at one point last year and it tasted okay again.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

I don't see what the big deal is. Beer is not the devil. Yuengling is an awesome beer and the local brewery is right next to campus providing jobs for the community. Beer and spectator sports go together. I am glad Local businesses and local branches of corporations are partnering with us. 

Bausfkid, you must be fun to hang out with...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

I don't see what the big deal is. Beer is not the devil. Yuengling is an awesome beer and the local brewery is right next to campus providing jobs for the community. Beer and spectator sports go together. I am glad Local businesses and local branches of corporations are partnering with us. 

Good point made.... -Local Business- supporting USF 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

16 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Yuengling was a staple at many parties I attended while at USF.  While I wouldn't now say it's awful, the rise of craft beer and so many delicious styles has rendered Yuengling and those like it to second-tier status.  

This!  Yuengling is a great non-offensive option when I don't want beer to get in the way of wings, burgers, pizza etc.  It's a solid lager that's usually priced with the other macro lagers but is definitely better.   It's a fantastic option at places where the "craft" options are blue moon,  shock top, goose island (non sours or stouts) beers.   

I don't see the issue with slapping the name on the Sun Dome either seeing as we've sold beer in the dome for as long as I can remember and I'm pretty sure the beef's in the Marshall Center sells beer too.....

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

So let me get this straight....after trying for quite a while USF gets a well-known, established local corporation to purchase the naming rights for the Sun Dome and the fans on this board aren't happy about it? Just another day at The Bullspen. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, ForestBull said:

Oh I can assure you I know how to have a good time, but thanks for the "shot". 

Again, we are a college campus where the overwhelming amount of students on campus are underage and what message is this sending is my only point.  Would you be ok if RJR or Philip Morris was the title sponsor?  It's goes deeper than a check to me.  As for the "beggars cant' be choosers" mentality, I hardly think we are begging.  It's about the "brand" of my university.  If you and others don't get it and have a different opinion, I'm cool with it. 

I've not seen a formal announcement yet, so who knows if it will happen or not.  If it does, I'll be a bit surprised knowing Dr. Genshaft and what she stands for along with our administration and leadership.  I know Brian Lamb pretty well also, and again I would be surprised if he is in the approval camp. 

No one could convince me that parents will bring their kids to USF for a college visit and not remark about an alcohol vendor displayed prominently on campus as a title sponsor.  Lest we forget why kids go to USF and why their parents foot the bill and it ain't to play sports.  Selling alcohol at a sporting event is one thing.  Having the logo displayed on one of the core buildings on our campus is another.

I don't care what other universities do.  I care what USF does. 

Go Bulls!

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

So let me get this straight....after trying for quite a while USF gets a well-known, established local corporation to purchase the naming rights for the Sun Dome and the fans on this board aren't happy about it? Just another day at The Bullspen. 

i believe it was only one fan