• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF AND LOUISVILLE ANNOUNCE THREE-GAME FOOTBALL SERIES

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Only been around for nearly 150 years ....

Of which 10% of that time has had BCS, playoffs, and ludicrous tv right deals.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Only been around for nearly 150 years ....

Was a different world. Once upon a time it wasn't televised and it was for the most part solely old school land grant colleges with well-heeled homogeneous alumni without a lot of entertainment options. Demographics are changing quickly as well. The obscene money that has entered that game will ultimately destroy it.

• Like 1

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Was a different world. Once upon a time it wasn't televised and it was for the most part solely old school land grant colleges with well-heeled homogeneous alumni without a lot of entertainment options. Demographics are changing quickly as well. The obscene money that has entered that game will ultimately destroy it.

This. There were like three games on tv you could pick from on a given weekend and you actually went to your alma mater or the local teams games and enjoyed it for what it was and then read about the other games in a news paper. Then ESPN added a couple of games, now you have almost every game available somewhere for which P5 teams get $$$$$$$$$$$ and G5 teams get between $-$$.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I completely get that and I guess if I could be more passionate about being the best of those left behind it wouldn’t bother me as much but that just doesn’t get me that excited. We have about six years until everything shakes out again and I think when it does everyone left with out a chair will need to do some serious soul searching on the viability of trying to keep up with the Jones’s while working as their house keepers. 

Got a question that you probably can't answer for sure because no way to really know but would you be this down on all this if we hadn't got the call to the Big East? If we'd just basically been where we are now for the last 13 years .....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Got a question that you probably can't answer for sure because no way to really know but would you be this down on all this if we hadn't got the call to the Big East? If we'd just basically been where we are now for the last 13 years .....

Probably better but I still remember the pre Big East being better this. I remember there being more fans, I remember there being more passion, I just remember it being more fun. If things could go back to the way they were in the stadium and UCF could go back to the metro (or where ever they were)with us still being 4-0 against them or CJL never left and things felt more stable I think I would feel better about everything. Unfortunately we opened Pandora’s box and we know things are supposed to be better than they are currently. At least we don’t have Skippy I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's the big question isn't it? I think more fans would be more ok with where we are but I still think the general area would be tiring of not having "brand name" opponents. It does look like the early call up was devastating in the long run. If by some impossible happenstance the Lightning went bust and were replaced by an AHL/ECHL team of the same name I'd expect it would get near zero support. Once you've seen the best nobody wants to go back to the rest.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Unfortunately we opened Pandora’s box and we know things are supposed to be better than they are currently

What things supposed to be better than they are currently?

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What things supposed to be better than they are currently?

The zeitgeist.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I would not be this down, because the experience of the high's would not be there. I was lucky enough to be in school during the Grothe years and I wouldn't trade them for 10 CUSA Championships. The thrill and excitement of '07 alone and being #2 with the whole country talking about us was phenomenal!!! I would be in Michigan or Ohio on break with my USF hat on; and would have people come up to me to talk USF, it was so much fun. The heisman talk, Selvie breakout, Auburn win and WVU win, just everything. It would not have been as big if we were still in CUSA. I love where we have been and hope for a bigger future, but my memories of those years won't soon be forgotten. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

On 1/18/2018 at 10:36 AM, Bausfkid said:

If you've not visited the state of Utah you are missing out.  Lots to do.  BYU's campus and stadium are in a beautiful setting with the Wasatch Mountains as a backdrop.  Beautiful!

Go Bulls!

Visited Utah this past October, and I concur.  Amazing state.  

This is welcome news regarding Louisville.  May have to make a trip up there for one of these again.