• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF AND LOUISVILLE ANNOUNCE THREE-GAME FOOTBALL SERIES

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

21 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Attendance was up in 2016 and greater than UCF.  Not sure about 2017 numbers.  I don't know how anyone thinks this program is about the fold though. An OCS may increase student interest and attendance and you can build a more intimate stadium that that won't look half empty when there are only 35, 000 people in the seats.

Attendance was up for the FSU game in 2016. If we can get fsu, Florida or Miami to visit every season that would be a difference maker but that seems less likely than getting into the Big12.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Attendance was up for the FSU game in 2016. If we can get fsu, Florida or Miami to visit every season that would be a difference maker but that seems less likely than getting into the Big12.

I think you can also include a few schools further north to. I doubt GT travels that great but one team from the SEC (2 or even 3 for 1 with the the second game home) you will get a big jump.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think you can also include a few schools further north to. I doubt GT travels that great but one team from the SEC (2 or even 3 for 1 with the the second game home) you will get a big jump.

GT is also great for a cheap road game (travel hub with no rental car required to hotel or stadium).

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

GT is also great for a cheap road game (travel hub with no rental car required to hotel or stadium).

Totally agree. Even flying in from up north to Atlanta is cheap. I will definitely be at this game.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 1/20/2018 at 8:16 AM, Apis Bull said:

So, the answer is, "no."  Nothing you just posted pointed to USF being, "dangerously close" to shutting down the program.

Our attendance is near the top for G5. So I guess the entire G5 is gonna shutter.

We all know the dirty secret of college athletics. All but a handful lose big money. Even a lot of the big football programs are money losers.

14 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Our attendance is near the top for G5. So I guess the entire G5 is gonna shutter.

We all know the dirty secret of college athletics. All but a handful lose big money. Even a lot of the big football programs are money losers.

Would you be shocked to see any G5 team contract? If people bringing in $25 million in conference money could be losing money what do you think that means for those making $3 million? Also we are uniquely stationed because as a renter it’s easier to walk away from a bad money losing investment if it doesn’t seem to have a path to solvency.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

33 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Would you be shocked to see any G5 team contract? If people bringing in $25 million in conference money could be losing money what do you think that means for those making $3 million? Also we are uniquely stationed because as a renter it’s easier to walk away from a bad money losing investment if it doesn’t seem to have a path to solvency.

Why do you have a death wish for USF football?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, Triple B said:

Because he demands excellence!

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don’t I just recognize that the current system has too much disparity for the G5 teams to continue in anything that resembles P5 fashion when they are operating on 1/10 the income. Something has to give at some point we either need to end up with the money or face some harsh realities about how big the fall is from the 5th conference to the 6th. It’s basically like real estate you want to have the worst house in the best neighborhood vs having the best house in the worst neighborhood because when you comp it out over developing in poor areas is  bad investment. Our neighborhood is the wrong side of the tracks and we need to figure out how to move on up to the east side or move on over to the soccer fields.

11 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Because he demands excellence!

I gave up on that dream long ago now I just want to be Vanderbilt.