• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers = Total Class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

2 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

I just want to take a moment to acknowledge Mr. Quinton Flowers.

I was on the Tulsa side of the field with my wife and 7 year old son. We walked down to field level after the game to take in the final moments of the last home game this season and celebrate the Seniors.

The players all funneled down to the band/student section. They all shook hands and hugged one another after the game. It was really nice to watch...all of a sudden #74 (Ruff) comes over and acknowledges the few of us standing there, shakes our hands and genuinely thanks us for the support. What a nice, classy young man.

As time passed it seemed clear to my wife, my son and me that we were on “the wrong side of the field”. After the players slapped hands with the student section, they walked down behind the Bulls bench shook hands with the fans and made their way to the locker room.

All of a sudden, Quinton walks over to our side of the field with his beautiful baby girl in his arms...and shakes hands with the 5-6 of us that were on the opposite sidelines. He went out of his way to do it. My 7 year old son had tears in his eyes, he shook hands with Quinton Flowers.

I told him “Son, that is the greatest QB in Bulls history. But more important than that, what a great man. After all that he has been through. He’s humble and appreciative of where he is” 

He took the time to acknowledge a tiny group of people that were well away from the rest of the pack.

I wish him the best of luck for the next 2 games and for the rest of his life. After all he’s been through he deserves a great life.

Sent from my iPhone

Well said, and thank you for sharing.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

It's nice to see some star athletes that show some genuine gratuity and maturity these days. 

There are numerous cases of immature athletes acting like kids and getting in trouble with shoplifting, battery, **** scandals and other disfunctional behavior. 

It it is nice to have good role models wearing Green and Gold.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Great story, OP.  Glad your son got to meet Q.  Not many better role models out there for a young boy.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

He's a rare type of person, and an even more rare college athlete. Was awesome to watch. I don't think we'll ever see a player with the amount of intangibles he brought to the table, athletically and professionally, again at USF.

I really hope I get a chance to watch him play more football over the coming years. But, if he doesn't stick in the NFL, I think he's going to be very successful in whatever he does. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

Great story and although it was a surprise to no one, thank you so much for sharing.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

three more games!!!

LETS GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!

CRUSH c.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

On 11/17/2017 at 9:48 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

So glad he had someone there. Wow, just a tragic circumstance. It does not define him, good for  QF.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

So glad he had someone there. Wow, just a tragic circumstance. It does not define him, good for  QF.

He was still very emotional 

00B8EB22-C2F7-4CCA-8DEC-1B077BDFFB54.jpeg

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

As a father, brother, son, uncle. That just KILLS me.