• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe their stadium is a dump after all

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Ought to try a tourney at the WCC in Atlanta .... 200 courts in one big area.

God bless you, but hail no. My neighbor has two daughters, one in Div 1 Vball, and a soph girl, that the vultures are flying around. he is a crazy competitive guy ( ex St Thomas A.Tight end with Notre Dame offers) and he can no longer  attend  those big tent tourneys. He volunteers to re roof my roof to get out or attending. He explains the sounds, the long days/nights with crazy, painful detail.

Had two sons, lacrosse players. Worst moment, stinky car driving home, so i bought them cars, problem solved.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

It’s a dump, for sure. Cutting corners and going cheap is coming back to bite them in the butt. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, ECUshoein said:

niversity spokesperson Chad Binette issued this statement:

“The stadium is safe. We are dealing with long-term repair and remediation issues and our lawsuit is about assigning those costs. Any urgent needs have been addressed. Engineers evaluated the stadium before the season, as takes place every year, and found it to be safe.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-sp-ucf-east-carolina-football-1014-story.html

Not too bright, are you?  Chad Binette is a UCF VP.  He's not exactly an impartial interviewee.  Of course he's going to say it's safe.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

28 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Had two sons, lacrosse players. Worst moment, stinky car driving home, so i bought them cars, problem solved.

****, if I'd a known it'd be THAT easy, I'd a stunk up my folks' cars long ago...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,659
  • Days Won:  424

30 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

God bless you, but hail no. My neighbor has two daughters, one in Div 1 Vball, and a soph girl, that the vultures are flying around. he is a crazy competitive guy ( ex St Thomas A.Tight end with Notre Dame offers) and he can no longer  attend  those big tent tourneys. He volunteers to re roof my roof to get out or attending. He explains the sounds, the long days/nights with crazy, painful detail.

What a sissy ....

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

What a sissy ....

We all have our limits.He is an "older" guy. I love him,  no filter, speaks about his D1 recruitment back in the day, it was the wild west.  His 6 foot 5, he is no sissy.

He is good peeps, if his girls played Football, he would be retired. I'm talking genetic, athletic amazing children. He is a FSU grad, wife is a USF undergrad, UCF post grad,  BS accounting, MS Tax from UCF. Not a happy USF Alum, we never discuss these things. Just move on.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I call BS on this.  If it were inspected every year there shouldn't be any, "life safety" issues that suddenly pop up.  So, either it's not inspected every year, or UCF has just been negligent in performing the appropriate maintenance.

My guess is that the life safety issues, nor any of the issues just popped up. Under Florida law you have to file suit for any construction defects within 4 years of when the defect was discovered or should have been discovered. But in no event can suit Ben brought more than 10 years after completion. My guess is ucf filed suit right before Thebes expiration of the 10 year time frame. In short they didn't just discover the defects they are litigating.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

We all have our limits.He is an "older" guy. I love him,  no filter, speaks about his D1 recruitment back in the day, it was the wild west.  His 6 foot 5, he is no sissy.

He is good peeps, if his girls played Football, he would be retired. I'm talking genetic, athletic amazing children. He is a FSU grad, wife is a USF undergrad, UCF post grad,  BS accounting, MS Tax from UCF. Not a happy USF Alum, we never discuss these things. Just move on.

I sense a bit of a man crush.  He sounds dreamy.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,045
  • Days Won:  469

I guess this title for the story would have bee too long:

From Bounce House to Rust Bucket, How UCF's Stadium on the Cheap Costs Millions More Today without Adding One Additional Seat 

Orlando, Fl

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560

22 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

1. This thread should stay on here because is a safety concern for the Bulls' fans who will attend the game.

2. And I thought I knew everything, like that whole stadium was aluminum and recycled cans. There's rust -I stand corrected!

I think the USF/ucf game should always be played at a neutral site not on either campus in a well built stadium, Raymond James Stadium.