• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe their stadium is a dump after all

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,353
  • Days Won:  5

Wow I wanted to go to the game . Gotta re think it . Would assume those sections would be quarantined 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

If you really think Dr Hitt would risk the safety of over 30K fans , he would never take that gamble. It's a long term concern , not immediate

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

First it is built with no water fountains, and it bounces with large beam deflection making people uncomfortable.

Then they reinforce the structure, but it still is structurally unsafe due to corrosion. It's not even 10 years old and has needed SAFETY renovations twice! It's a heap of crap. I feel bad for UCF, I think they would have paid more up front if these issue could have been foreseen. 

But in the image in the article the joint was missing its fasteners, not just one but all of them! Yeah very safe. How did annual inspections not catch fasteners rusting so much as to fall out or not exist? It really does make you question the inspections. 

Was this stadium some sort of first in all steel and aluminum construction that this corrosion was not foreseen? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I don't know, I guess directly quoting someone's figure of speech while using it in a point coming from left field doesn't HAVE to mean you were implying he said that ...

Yeah, I can definitely see where it could possibly be construed like that but it wasn't at all what I meant, especially since GBS didn't say a word about Plancher.... and it wasn't coming from left field. The UCFAA had already beaten a pretty legit lawsuit so I was asking if something tragic happened at the stadium, which was what GBS was talking about, would they be able to beat it again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Danm1983 said:

#ChargeOn down to the ER

I lol'd ....

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Liar! Hell, I was even at that godforsaken campus in Oveido for a volleyball tournament last year ....

Godforsaken is going to a  Volleyball Tourney! I hope you wore ear plugs, the whistle sounds drive me crazy! 

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

The only missing fasteners are in the visitors section

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Where's the non-anonymous quote?  You mean the one the UCF fan posted, WITHOUT a link? 

If you mean the article has non-anonymous quotes, then surely you're talking about the UCF VP, and in that case, duh ... it's called PR.  What else is he going to say?

niversity spokesperson Chad Binette issued this statement:

“The stadium is safe. We are dealing with long-term repair and remediation issues and our lawsuit is about assigning those costs. Any urgent needs have been addressed. Engineers evaluated the stadium before the season, as takes place every year, and found it to be safe.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-sp-ucf-east-carolina-football-1014-story.html