• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe their stadium is a dump after all

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Maybe they can take down the affected areas and build a berm?  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are crazy.  The stadium isn't dangerous, they are suing for future repair money.  Repairs happen every year to every stadium.  I would still take their situation over a rental any day.  I don't know for sure but I'm willing to be that RJS costs more than 14mil/year to rent.  I don't think their stadium is great either but it's not that bad.  At the end of the day they have a game day experience and are poised for an upgraded model at any time which is a better position to be in than endlessly discussing feasibility studies.  

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 7

Just now, ECUshoein said:

You guys are crazy.  The stadium isn't dangerous, they are suing for future repair money.  Repairs happen every year to every stadium.  I would still take their situation over a rental any day.  I don't know for sure but I'm willing to be that RJS costs more than 14mil/year to rent.  I don't think their stadium is great either but it's not that bad.  At the end of the day they have a game day experience and are poised for an upgraded model at any time which is a better position to be in than endlessly discussing feasibility studies.  

If you meant bet instead of be, how much are you willing to lose - I mean bet?  Purty sure we pay under or around $1 million / game.

1 minute ago, Bourbon Bull said:

If you meant bet instead of be, how much are you willing to lose - I mean bet?  Purty sure we pay under or around $1 million / game.

Even if it is a million a game, that's two years of rent for RJS vs 10 years of ownership..still a win for them.

3 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

Even if it is a million a game, that's two years of rent for RJS vs 10 years of ownership..still a win for them.

If I read your post correctly you said $14 million per year.  But let's tack on the original $54 million that lasted 10 years.  I had calculus back in the 70's so I'm pretty sure they got 10 years of no MAJOR repairs for $5.4 million per year.  Probably about what we've put out. So in 2 years I'll meet you at the game up there to collect.  Unless you are coming down here next year and you can buy me a bourbon then.  

Edit: And I don't know how much, if any, interest was involved.

Edited by Bourbon Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Where did GBS say that the Plancher situation was a lawyer's dream?  I'm the only one that has alluded to that situation here and even I wouldn't go that far.  No one has gone that far ... 

Where did I say he, or anybody, said that?? I was just explaining why I didn't want to use that term in describing the Plancher situation when I started comparing the 2 ...

Edited by Triple B

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

If I read your post correctly you said $14 million per year.  But let's tack on the original $54 million that lasted 10 years.  I had calculus back in the 70's so I'm pretty sure they got 10 years of no MAJOR repairs for $5.4 million per year.  Probably about what we've put out. So in 2 years I'll meet you at the game up there to collect.  Unless you are coming down here next year and you can buy me a bourbon then.  

Edit: And I don't know how much, if any, interest was involved.

Obviously the cost of construction was not included.  The point was that given what they have today the monetary difference of 14mil is negligible and worth it considering the revenue they've brought in over the years and the added perceived value.  All they are doing is getting someone else to pay for future repairs.  

I love Bourbon so I'd be happy to bring some down next year and share.  I wouldn't view that as a loss.  Remind me later and I'll comply.

Edited by ECUshoein

Guest PCBull14
15 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

If you go to that stadium and think WOW, I'd love this at my school....you need to give me what you're smoking. USF refuses to build crap like that.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

If you go to that stadium and think WOW, I'd love this at my school....you need to give me what you're smoking. USF refuses to build crap like that.

The camera still shakes wildly for TV broadcasts....