• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Will Be Undefeated Coming Into Our Game If Healthy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Nobody really knows what a coach will do. CWT fielded a meeting with USCe before playing that into a pay raise. Once Oregon came calling I doubt he thought twice. He also mentioned how he loves the Bay Area and preached #BayMadeBayStayed . The really crappy thing about our conference is once a coach makes a program competitive they bounce and who knows what will happen next. Memphis luckily never lost a beat, but Temple is floundering badly under Geoff Collins.

Taggart spurned his alma mater quickly once USF (then in a AQ conference) came calling, so there’s no guarantee Frost leaves the first chance he gets. But if the money is immensely good, you never know.

All of this... The days of a Jim Leavitt staying in one spot at a mid-major-ish job are gone. Frost has no guarantee from the school that they won't turn on him the minute he has a bad season or 2. Why not jump at the money if he gets a chance? Young up-and-coming coaches are great, but, they have to ride the wave. If Taggart had stuck it out here, I can almost guarantee that there would be a big drop off in 2018 the way he coached. Flowers was the key cog in the wheel and even a small dropoff from him would have been devastating to our record in 2016. Suddenly, Taggart isn't so impressive after maybe 2 great seasons and an 8-5 season without Flowers. Frost is in the same boat. He absolutely has to listen if people come calling.

I am not 1000% sold on Strong as an all-around coach yet, but, I think he's as good as we can get for a potentially long term coach. He's going to recruit well in this state. I think he is happy here. If UF comes calling, he will bolt, but, I am not sure that there is another school that he's going to jump on in the next couple of years. As much as it pains me for UF to keep winning, I don't want them firing McElwain and coming after Strong.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

I just don't see the Gators calling CCS.  They saw what happened at Texas.  That's like saying bring Skip Holtz back because he's did well at ECU and doing well at La Tech.  Don't think the natives would stand for that.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

All of this... The days of a Jim Leavitt staying in one spot at a mid-major-ish job are gone. Frost has no guarantee from the school that they won't turn on him the minute he has a bad season or 2. Why not jump at the money if he gets a chance? Young up-and-coming coaches are great, but, they have to ride the wave. If Taggart had stuck it out here, I can almost guarantee that there would be a big drop off in 2018 the way he coached. Flowers was the key cog in the wheel and even a small dropoff from him would have been devastating to our record in 2016. Suddenly, Taggart isn't so impressive after maybe 2 great seasons and an 8-5 season without Flowers. Frost is in the same boat. He absolutely has to listen if people come calling.

I am not 1000% sold on Strong as an all-around coach yet, but, I think he's as good as we can get for a potentially long term coach. He's going to recruit well in this state. I think he is happy here. If UF comes calling, he will bolt, but, I am not sure that there is another school that he's going to jump on in the next couple of years. As much as it pains me for UF to keep winning, I don't want them firing McElwain and coming after Strong.

At this point I’m all about “embracing our AACness.” CCS was a HR hire for sure, but there’s no guarantee he is going to be a lifer here. All of the programs in this conference need to embrace the hot up and comer turning them around and keep following that trend. Trust the program and the recruiting territory. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

47 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I just don't see the Gators calling CCS.  They saw what happened at Texas.  That's like saying bring Skip Holtz back because he's did well at ECU and doing well at La Tech.  Don't think the natives would stand for that.

I don’t think Skip will get another shot elsewhere, what he did at USF will scare any other P5 program. I don’t think that same fate will fall upon CCS. There’s a bit of trust out there that Texas was a wrong place//wrong fit kind of situation. I think enough P5 programs will forgive that, especially in the South, to give him another shot. UF absolutely loves him and most folks believe he belongs in or around the state of Florida. I’m just hoping the Texas money thru next year is enough to keep him around a little bit longer. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

At this point I’m all about “embracing our AACness.” 

Yeah, at this point, I don't see what other choice we have, really.

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

I don’t think Skip will get another shot elsewhere, what he did at USF will scare any other P5 program. I don’t think that same fate will fall upon CCS. There’s a bit of trust out there that Texas was a wrong place//wrong fit kind of situation. I think enough P5 programs will forgive that, especially in the South, to give him another shot. UF absolutely loves him and most folks believe he belongs in or around the state of Florida. I’m just hoping the Texas money thru next year is enough to keep him around a little bit longer. 

We will see. But I think his tenure at Texas will keep big programs away.  Just a difference in opinion.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

We will see. But I think his tenure at Texas will keep big programs away.  Just a difference in opinion.  

Eh, his story is better than Muschamp's as a head coach and he got another job.

10 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Eh, his story is better than Muschamp's as a head coach and he got another job.

Here are some numbers as head coaches:

0 - 1 - Florida

37 - 15 L'ville

16 - 21 Texas

4 - 0  USF

Totals 57 - 37  (60.6%)  CCS

and more

34 - 23  UConn

38 - 27  ECU

16 - 21  USF

33 - 24   LaTech

Totals 121 - 95  (56%)  FCSH

CCS had the same record at Texas as FSCH had here at USF.  Both jumped to a higher level when they had less success. Thus my opinion that Florida won't go after him.  If someone thinks Florida, a Money5 school, should hire him then they should probably think that another AAC team should give Holtz a job.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

UCF will be without starting running back Jawon Hamilton for the remainder of the season.

http://ucf.247sports.com/Bolt/Ankle-injury-surgery-sidelines-UCF-running-back-Jawon-Hamilton-f-107973048

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

UCF will be without starting running back Jawon Hamilton for the remainder of the season.

http://ucf.247sports.com/Bolt/Ankle-injury-surgery-sidelines-UCF-running-back-Jawon-Hamilton-f-107973048

Here is one of the excuses they will use when we beat them this year.