• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Will Be Undefeated Coming Into Our Game If Healthy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Maybe, I always felt like CWT wanted more fan buy in. Frost was an NFL player, is paid well, he is not worried about making his fortune, I thunk CWT is still amassing his. Yep, Oregon was a REALLY nice offer. I see Frost going to an LSU like job, or a job in Texas. Easy recruiting, huge $$$$

Agreed. I think his ego was too big to say no to the possibilities at Oregon. Big personality with aspirations to match.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I'll never forget his quote, "I want to be the first black head coach to win a National Championship".

Dumb!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Agreed. I think his ego was too big to say no to the possibilities at Oregon. Big personality with aspirations to match.

If you don't think Frost has an ego, you are crazy. He will want to resurerect Nebraska to be like the Tom Osbourne days. CBS was talking about it last night that Trev Alberts may be next AD at Neb and both Frost and Alberts are pretty close. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Maybe, I always felt like CWT wanted more fan buy in. Frost was an NFL player, is paid well, he is not worried about making his fortune, I thunk CWT is still amassing his. Yep, Oregon was a REALLY nice offer. I see Frost going to an LSU like job, or a job in Texas. Easy recruiting, huge $$$$

You are looking through gold goggles my friend. We learned that the hard way. A chance to win a national title, much more money,  A chance to coach at his alma matter, etc. Coaches are by nature competitive and a chance to turn nothing into something in the Big  10 will be too good to pass up. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

4 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

You seem pretty confident that Frost will leave, but before the year is over? Really?

I'll wager you, if he leaves before the season is over, 100.00 given to the Bullspen fund. If he leaves within 14 days after the last  UCF game played this year, 50.00 to the Bullspen. Are you in?

Of course he will leave before a UCF bowl game.  This is how coaching changes always work these days.

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

He'll be there at least through his third season, unless Nebraska goes out on a limb for him. He'd jump ship easily for that, and if offered enough he'd surely do it before end of season. That's the only gig I'd see him doing it for, though.

He would jump for any P5 "name" school.  Who wouldn't want to triple their salary?  

I do think that Nebraska is the only "name" school that would take a chance on him this early in his career, because of the obvious connection.  I can tell you that Nebraska fans are fed up with going outside the family, so to speak, and want a Nebraska guy to run the football program.

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

Maybe, time will tell. He says quietly at booster functions, that especially likes Florida, because he can go recruiting and be home the same night, as he is starting a family. This was not possible at Oregon, nor Nebraska,

Nebraska is a complete reclamation project. When he leaves, I think it will be for a better job than Nebraska. 

UCF won't be  his last job for sure. My guess is he is at UCF for 5 years. They just extended his contract, paying he and his assistants more. The next H Ball Coach is already there IMO. 

He will jump at the money, as any rational person would.  UCF was/is a reclamation project where he can't win a national championship.  Nebraska is a place he can win a National Championship.  The only question is whether Nebraska will offer after only two years as head coach.  If they offer, he's gone in a heartbeat.

52 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

You could make an argument that Taggart was a Florida guy and there was a slight chance he would want to stay in Florida.  Frost is a Nebraska guy, and the Huskers would triple his salary.  Did I mention he would take that job in a nanosecond?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

Nebraska would pay Frost 6m/year? That would be the third highest in all of college football.  Something tells me it will take more than salary to lure Frost away.  If he's as good as everyone is saying, they will match salaries to whoever comes calling.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

Nebraska would pay Frost 6m/year? That would be the third highest in all of college football.  Something tells me it will take more than salary to lure Frost away.  If he's as good as everyone is saying, they will match salaries to whoever comes calling.

Salary, coaching for his Alma Mater, and a P5 conference.  Also, I doubt UCF could match any salary offered.