• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hurricane Irma

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

Hope everyone stays safe and we will see how things play out, but given the track and the distance between Tampa and Naples, there's a chance that this thing might even be a tropical storm if/when I t comes through here. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Are you all staying safe. On TV it looks like Tampa is dodging a bullet compared to what was predicted. At least I hope so. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

6 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Are you all staying safe. On TV it looks like Tampa is dodging a bullet compared to what was predicted. At least I hope so. 

We definitely are dodging a bullet. I'm in the Seminole area and still have power. It's definitely windy and lots of rain, but could be a lot worse. Hopefully in the morning I can go out and see little to no damage. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Evac to Orlando. Fingers crossed Seminole Heights toughs it out. Heard of 85 mph winds earlier.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

That's great to hear. In our Hurricane Harvey I got 58mph winds and 8 inches of rain and received zero damage. Hoping it's similar for y'all. 

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

We, indeed, dodged a bullet.  Irma moving inland saved us from what could have been real problems.  We had the power go out several times for only a few seconds, but never lost it completely.

I'm definitely glad I boarded my house even though it wasn't needed, because you never know what will happen and you don't want to mess with a cat 3+ hit.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Evac to Orlando. Fingers crossed Seminole Heights toughs it out. Heard of 85 mph winds earlier.

Just hope the corner club survives

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

8 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

We, indeed, dodged a bullet.  Irma moving inland saved us from what could have been real problems.  We had the power go out several times for only a few seconds, but never lost it completely.

I'm definitely glad I boarded my house even though it wasn't needed, because you never know what will happen and you don't want to mess with a cat 3+ hit.

Had the same thing with the power. At least a dozen times blipped off and thought "here we go" but it came right back on. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

How was the storm surge?  I've seen and heard that in multiple locations, the shorelines like Hillsborough Bay on Bayshore, Charlotte Harbor, Palmetto/Bradenton that Irma sucked the water out of the area, so storm surge at least on the West Coast wasn't too bad.  Haven't heard it coming back yet, but I'm not there ... anyone heard from @Skingraft?  

Also, @Bull Dozer, check in when you can, I saw Jacksonville was flooding this morning.  5 foot storm surge from the St. Johns, and less on the coast.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

26 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Haven't heard it coming back yet, but I'm not there ... anyone heard from @Skingraft?  

He posted in another thread about 4 hours ago that had a rough night and was heading to bed.