• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hurricane Irma

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

Hope everyone is able to stay safe during the storm. 

Just wondering though, what do the coaching staff have planned for after the UConn game? Looks like the storm is going to bear down on us sometime Sunday. Can't imagine you would want to fly back down for safety reasons. Would they just stay up in Connecticut? Will be tricky considering a short week leading up to Illinois. 

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Great question. I'm still planning on flying home that night as long as jet blue doesn't cancel the flight.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

59aff41e0406c_ScreenShot2017-09-06at9_11_29AM.png.f51baef59253d91c4eeb2a5720bb47b5.png

Edited by JTrue
  • Like 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

Our company uses a weather forecasting company who provides us expected wind profiles based on the latest track which shows the eye of Irma to still be between Cuba and the Bahamas Sunday afternoon.  Central Florida should not see tropical storm winds until Sunday afternoon. 

I would imagine the team is still planning on flying back immediately after the game and be back in Tampa by Saturday evening.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Bucs/Dolphins game postponed, moved to Week 11 when both teams have a bye.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Bucs/Dolphins game postponed, moved to Week 11 when both teams have a bye.

Understandable but sucks ..... no real bye week now.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Our company uses a weather forecasting company who provides us expected wind profiles based on the latest track which shows the eye of Irma to still be between Cuba and the Bahamas Sunday afternoon.  Central Florida should not see tropical storm winds until Sunday afternoon. 

I would imagine the team is still planning on flying back immediately after the game and be back in Tampa by Saturday evening.

As long as they're safe, I couldn't care less about the game vs. Illinois. I'd argue it's probably a write off after a natural disaster no matter the result on Saturday. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

12 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

As long as they're safe, I couldn't care less about the game vs. Illinois. I'd argue it's probably a write off after a natural disaster no matter the result on Saturday. 

I think you may be getting your weeks mixed up.  The danger is for this weekend, when the Bulls will be in CT.  There's no danger at the present for the Illinois game weekend (we'll see what happens with Jose and/or Katia).  

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

8 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I think you may be getting your weeks mixed up.  The danger is for this weekend, when the Bulls will be in CT.  There's no danger at the present for the Illinois game weekend (we'll see what happens with Jose and/or Katia).  

I'm not, actually. I know they will be safe in CT. Sunday is typically an off day for players anyway right? I don't know if they will be in a rush to return to Tampa, especially if classes are canceled. I simply want them to be safe. The practice schedule could be impacted during the week, which is why I'd say the game against UI is a write-off. I don't think they'll get a full week of practice in plus everyone will have their family on their minds. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If they do not come back on Saturday it could be Tuesday before they are able to get back judging by the latest cone.

145453_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png