• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fresh Cut: Charlie Strong from AAC Weekly Presser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

25 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I really think it may take him a few years at USF to get what he is trying to do. 

And what is that because if it was what he was trying to do at Texas I dont want anything to do with that. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

47 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

This one from the paper scares me. we are not a dink and dunk offense. we are a big splash play offense.

Strong said the problem was the Bulls continually looked for the big splash play. They need to take what the defense gives them and drive the ball.

“We’ll eventually score,” he said.

Maybe this is what he was talking about at his initial press conference.  Drive the ball and give the defense time to rest. I think the defense would be happy to get out there after 1:30 after a TD than 5 minutes and no score. And if that is his reasoning why the he!! are we running 100 plays a game?  If you want to slow it down then slow it down.  But, as we've seen, if you run it up the middle for 4 yards and take :45 off the clock the defense is back out there without a score.  Something just doesn't mesh.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Maybe this is what he was talking about at his initial press conference.  Drive the ball and give the defense time to rest. I think the defense would be happy to get out there after 1:30 after a TD than 5 minutes and no score. And if that is his reasoning why the he!! are we running 100 plays a game?  If you want to slow it down then slow it down.  But, as we've seen, if you run it up the middle for 4 yards and take :45 off the clock the defense is back out there without a score.  Something just doesn't mesh.

yeah It seems as though he and his OC aren't on the same page. I agree if you are going to run a methodical offense that works their way down the field then run some clock and run fewer plays. the quick offenses are the ones that want to score on every play ala Oregon or Auburn.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

What if people stop saying SBU wanted us to beat them deep? As Colin mentioned, they *wanted* us to beat them with mid-routes. We never exploited it. Maybe because Q still can't hit those routes?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, The Great 8 said:

What if people stop saying SBU wanted us to beat them deep? As Colin mentioned, they *wanted* us to beat them with mid-routes. We never exploited it. Maybe because Q still can't hit those routes?

their safeties were 7 yards from the line of scrimmage for most of the game. they played man coverage on the outside.

for some reason we kept everything in front of their safeties.

call it mid or whatever you want to but they did not try to get behind the safeties at all.

Flowers best passes are deep go routes or posts.

we ran curls, comebacks , hitches, hooks all game. we tried to dink and dunk down the field.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

51 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Exactly my thoughts also.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

It's coachspeak for sure, but he also says at almost every opportunity, the problem is "technique and fundamentals".  Now I am assuming he's talking about the players.  Even with the best technique and fundamentals, I can't have a 5'6" guy play post for me.  I hope CCS can look at things at a higher level and not just question the technique and fundamentals of the players, but the strategic fit of the game plan - whether we're winning or losing.  Being locked into one mindset of offense is not good unless you have about 5 years of recruiting the type of players to fit it.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

What happened to this snap a play every 20 seconds?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Blah blah blah...lots of coach speak but reading between the lines it sounds like the OL and Q's accuracy are his reasons for the lack of offense so far

They will be unless we run a different offense than we saw in games 1 and 2.