• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Season Prediction

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

11 and 1 regular season. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Little bit buggy.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Go home FarEast, you're drunk

Edited by Triple B
I removed FE's 30 repeated posts which prompted this assessment

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

8-4. Loss of Mack is huge. Too much undefeated hype. I hope you're all right and I'm wrong. Just don't see it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

8-4. Loss of Mack is huge. Too much undefeated hype. I hope you're all right and I'm wrong. Just don't see it. 

Please tell me where you see the four losses coming from? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

12 - 0 Regular Season

Win Conference Championship

Win Bowl Game

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

My concern is the offense isn't going to click like it did last year. I think expecting 12-0 from a coach in his first year is not realistic. Strong struggled at Texas. Granted a few of the games on our schedule the team could probabaly win with no coach at all, but we are going to have some games that require a proper game plan. I think we end the regular season with 1 or 2 losses. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Here is my take on the schedule for this year

@ San Jose State - a tougher game than many expect. We are on the road and SJS got better as the season went on last year. This is also the first game under a new coaching scheme so there is going to be some issues. I think we win this one but closer than expected.

Stony Brook - They weren't good last year, they won't be good this year. This is a win

@ UConn - Tough place to play for USF. Edsall will have the defense ready and the offense will be different. They are going to score more than last year. Fortunately we get them early in the year because this is a team that will get better as the season goes on. I give us a win here.

Illinois - Tough one to predict. UI was actually playing with a third string QB, second string RBs, and backup WR last season because of injuries. Even Alabama would have trouble winning with that combination. Smith will have a solid defense but the offense will still not be there. I give us a win here

Temple - They graduate a few key players but will have time to work out the kinks by game 5. Rhule is a good friend of Collins and gave him a breakdown of what Temple has. Expect a lot of running from Temple. I have this game as a toss-up but we should be favored.

@ East Carolina - Purple Pirate fans will not like this but the team is a mess. This is probably the worst team in the East. I have this as a win.

Massachusetts - Although independent they are no better than a Sun Belt conference team, a mediocre one at that. We should win this one easily.

@ Tulane - This team is getting better but not enough talent. Offense shows some signs of life but the defense has a long way to go. I have this as a win.

Scheduling note: After this point we do not leave Florida for the rest of the year.

Cincinnati - Tubberville never had a clue on how to handle Ohio. This left the team with a low level of talent and it will take time to straighten this out. Defense will be solid but not amazing and the offense will be no better than last year. I have this as a win

Houston - Houston has a lot of talent even with the loss of Ward. By this time in the schedule the kinks on offense should be worked out. I have this as a tossup.

Tulsa - They are going to score. This is the game where our defense has to be most disciplined. The big advantage for USF here is that the Tulsa defense is not very good. I have this as a win but close.

@ Central Florida - UCFs success last hear was based on the tough defense that Frost got last year. The defense will not be as good this year, Bresnahan gets a good first year but after that it is suspect. Their offense should be improved but not enough. I have this as a win.

The key for this year will be the defense. Even with a new coaching staff the offense will still be strong (top 20). The loss of Adams and Mack is not quite as large as many think. The offense will not have a go to person but the talent at WR and RB is deep plus QF is still a very dynamic QB. The defense will show a lot more improvement than people think. Everyone remembers that the D was 120 last year but seems to forget that it was in the mid 50s in 2015, many of the key players this year were on that 2015 team. I think that Woodie had more of a negative impact on defense than people think. I expect the defense to move up into the mid 60s and if the offense continues as projected this year will be the first conference title for USF.

Edited by Buller64
typo

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

10 - 2 regular season.