• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Non-sports: USF Call to All

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Is there any way to bring a suit, and force this into some sort of arbitration?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, charsibb said:

Is there any way to bring a suit, and force this into some sort of arbitration?

If only we had powerful alumni in the judiciary...

C-7A7imXoAgRECh.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, thatBULL said:

I love politicians, especially the ones that have never succeeded in life prior to running for office.  I don't live in FL, but the only way to make things change and for USF to be taken seriously is to show them the power of our voting block.  Otherwise there is no reprecussion for voting like an assclown.  

Plenty of repercussion, you just don't have the right to whine about it afterward.

Remember that in Florida on Tuesday November 6, 2018.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

57 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

If only we had powerful alumni in the judiciary...

C-7A7imXoAgRECh.jpg

Awesome!!! 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

There was too much in this bill for them to vote it down.  It's unfortunate that two men were allowed to edit a bill without due process.  There needs to be safeguards against this.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

40 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

There was too much in this bill for them to vote it down.

This is why you don't just start blindly not voting for someone. TDS had a good article on this whole affair with some key points on specific legislators:

Negatives

• Having various Tampa Bay area legislators openly supporting/defending this change. Ahern and Galvano are at the top of the list here.

Positives

• Senator Dana Young (R-Tampa) got to point out on the floor of the Senate that President Joe Negron committed to work with USF over the summer on a “path to preeminence.”

When I was an aide, we would catch hell but rarely get a thank you. It goes a long way. Here are some of the legislators who spoke out today or asked questions on behalf of USF. Take a moment, tweet them or email them and say thank you.

Senator Tom Lee

Some of the strongest criticism of the last second change that hurt USF. Said he was embarrassed by the way the change was made. Twitter: @TomLeeFL

Senator Darryl Rouson

Asked pointed questions on the policy change on the Senate floor. @darrylrouson

Rep. Janet Cruz

House minority leader. Some of the most animated criticism on the House floor about the change. Top quote: “My hometown, my university was CHEATED.” @RepJanetCruz

Rep. Wengay Newton

Top quote: “What happened to USF behind closed doors was criminal.” @NewtFL

Rep. Shawn Harrison

One of the more well-known Bulls in the Florida Legislature and a regular at USF Alumni Association events. “The Bull Nation is upset and so am I.” He also mentioned Senate President Negron’s commitment to working with USF to “find a path to preeminence.” @Shawnfor63

Rep. Jackie Toledo

Brief remarks: mentioned USF changed her life, gave her a full scholarship when her family could not afford it. @ToledoForTampa

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

What was the reason for making the change on the eve of the vote after months of the draft being released? Why isn't they make the change a month ago? We all know why.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

Not sure if this means anything, but, Joe Negron, senate president, is a member of the FSU caucus. Richard Corcoran, house speaker, is a member of both the UF and FSU caucus. Neither graduated from either school. 

http://www.advocateforfloridastate.fsu.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=seminole_caucus

http://urel.ufl.edu/departments/government-relations/gator-caucus/

Does USF have a caucus? 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

This is why you don't just start blindly not voting for someone. TDS had a good article on this whole affair with some key points on specific legislators:

Negatives

• Having various Tampa Bay area legislators openly supporting/defending this change. Ahern and Galvano are at the top of the list here.

Positives

• Senator Dana Young (R-Tampa) got to point out on the floor of the Senate that President Joe Negron committed to work with USF over the summer on a “path to preeminence.”

When I was an aide, we would catch hell but rarely get a thank you. It goes a long way. Here are some of the legislators who spoke out today or asked questions on behalf of USF. Take a moment, tweet them or email them and say thank you.

Senator Tom Lee

Some of the strongest criticism of the last second change that hurt USF. Said he was embarrassed by the way the change was made. Twitter: @TomLeeFL

Senator Darryl Rouson

Asked pointed questions on the policy change on the Senate floor. @darrylrouson

Rep. Janet Cruz

House minority leader. Some of the most animated criticism on the House floor about the change. Top quote: “My hometown, my university was CHEATED.” @RepJanetCruz

Rep. Wengay Newton

Top quote: “What happened to USF behind closed doors was criminal.” @NewtFL

Rep. Shawn Harrison

One of the more well-known Bulls in the Florida Legislature and a regular at USF Alumni Association events. “The Bull Nation is upset and so am I.” He also mentioned Senate President Negron’s commitment to working with USF to “find a path to preeminence.” @Shawnfor63

Rep. Jackie Toledo

Brief remarks: mentioned USF changed her life, gave her a full scholarship when her family could not afford it. @ToledoForTampa

I'm really glad Jackie Toledo stepped up. I used to work for her part time and she is a great person. She also is a huge backer of the Latino Scholarship Awards here. 

2 hours ago, Gismo said:

Not sure if this means anything, but, Joe Negron, senate president, is a member of the FSU caucus. Richard Corcoran, house speaker, is a member of both the UF and FSU caucus. Neither graduated from either school. 

http://www.advocateforfloridastate.fsu.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=seminole_caucus

http://urel.ufl.edu/departments/government-relations/gator-caucus/

Does USF have a caucus? 

That's your answer. I mean, we're not dumb... we get it you want to preserve the flagships. There's no sweeping explanation that will settle this in the stomachs of USF; they changed he rules to benefit FSU and UF. When USF achieves that benchmark they will change something else. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

I got a reply back from Spano basically saying the suggested 50% criteria was never passed and didn't become a law so better luck next time.  So much for local representation.  I guess I know who I'm not voting for next election.