• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Formerly offered QB Jack Allison leaves Miami, back in play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

We weren't right for CCS because we still had CJL ... he hadn't been fired yet.  

Why didn't he wait for us to fire CJL? Maybe if CCS had shown an interest, we'd have sped up the process. Where was he when we fired Holtz? Didn't want to work for us then either.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

That was my thought too. I think the CJL news broke a week or so after Strong took the Louisville job.

And to JTrue's question about 2012 Charlie Strong was not on the market; no one ever said USF was Coach Strongs dream school did they? That would be the only reason a coach would take a step down from a cushy situation at Louisville I take over the dumpster fire USF was at the end of 2012. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

That was my thought too. I think the CJL news broke a week or so after Strong took the Louisville job.

And to JTrue's question about 2012 Charlie Strong was not on the market; no one ever said USF was Coach Strongs dream school did they? That would be the only reason a coach would take a step down from a cushy situation at Louisville I take over the dumpster fire USF was at the end of 2012. 

My point was more, things change. There was a time we weren't the right fit for CCS, but now we are. I'm not mad about that and I wouldn't tell him we're not interested because there was a time he'd have never even answered our phone call. Same goes for this kid. If he can play, has no academic or other red flags, get him. USF wasn't my first choice out of high school, so I'm glad they let me in 8 years later and didn't tell me tough **** just because I made a different (not bad) decision as an 18 year old.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

My point was more, things change. There was a time we weren't the right fit for CCS, but now we are. I'm not mad about that and I wouldn't tell him we're not interested because there was a time he'd have never even answered our phone call. Same goes for this kid. If he can play, has no academic or other red flags, get him. USF wasn't my first choice out of high school, so I'm glad they let me in 8 years later and didn't tell me tough **** just because I made a different (not bad) decision as an 18 year old.

Gotcha. It's hard to see your points some times; and the scary thing is I agree with them more than not. I'll just blame it on a hectic day of traveling haha. I agree people deserve second chances; although I was against AW and Cherry from the onset. I just don't see this kid fitting in as much here as others; he is a pure pocket passer and I'm not sure that translates into our offense where I think Oladokun is better suited.  Also I'm not sure if Allison really wants to compete for a job(rumored he left because he was #2 on the depth chart after spring) which scares me. I'd personally rather us take a HS QB this year over him but if he chooses to come to USF then great and I hope it works out but I also could see the situation turning into another AW just as easily as he could be our next big QB. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

5 hours ago, cophbulls said:

Fine by me.

Wow! It took 15 minutes until that famous bullspen aggression came out. I must be slipping. Any rate, fine by me, i'd rather have CWT or CJL here anyway. Oh and while you're at it i'd rather have Stan Heath back as well. It's funny how folks are counting the national championships under CCS, they were doing the same under CSH.

Seriously, I thought you were being sarcastic, as that was so outlandish.

6 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Gotcha. It's hard to see your points some times; and the scary thing is I agree with them more than not. I'll just blame it on a hectic day of traveling haha. I agree people deserve second chances; although I was against AW and Cherry from the onset. I just don't see this kid fitting in as much here as others; he is a pure pocket passer and I'm not sure that translates into our offense where I think Oladokun is better suited.  Also I'm not sure if Allison really wants to compete for a job(rumored he left because he was #2 on the depth chart after spring) which scares me. I'd personally rather us take a HS QB this year over him but if he chooses to come to USF then great and I hope it works out but I also could see the situation turning into another AW just as easily as he could be our next big QB. 

I never knew enough about Cherry to form an opinion, AW I was high on from a physical standpoint, but that was about all I ever could and did comment on. I watched him at a few practices and he looked good, but as I said then, I have no idea if those nice looking throws were even to right receiver. But in the end, its not like having him hurt us and I don't think Allison will hurt us. We have 3 QBs right now. Adding an arm is not a bad thing. If CCS does his homework and he's fine with the person, I'm all for it. From what little I've read on him, it looks like his skill set isn't what Miami has in mind. If he thinks he'll be a better fit elsewhere, good for him. It worked out for Mike White and I think WKU made out good with the transfer (I doubt any of their fans were offended that White picked us first). Who knows, maybe we're going to transition away from the Gulf Coast offense down the road when QF is gone and he's the perfect guy for it. I like Kean and have no opinion on Oladokun. I'm sure we have room for one more scholarship player and it certainly isn't a bad thing to have more guys out there at practice that can sling it. And I don't think taking him keeps us from signing a HS kid.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On 4/27/2017 at 2:32 PM, GaUSFBull said:

If we had kept The Jim, we'd have a Natty by now.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

15 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

If we had kept The Jim, we'd have a Natty by now.

40548d2e99272820022e2be40c1e62d9.jpg

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

40548d2e99272820022e2be40c1e62d9.jpg