• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Formerly offered QB Jack Allison leaves Miami, back in play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

I know nothing about him other than he has good size and a legit arm. I haven't read anything that makes me think he lacks the smarts to stick around academically or learn a playbook. So what's the downside? If he decides to come to USF, he sits a year, then he's a RSo. So, by then, you've got a Jr. in Kean and another RSo with Oladokun. I don't get how anyone could say we're set at the position and don't need/want him.

Exactly, you can never have too many talented players on your roster, especially at QB.  Many programs try to take at least one kid a recruiting cycle at QB and we didn't this past season because CWT/CCS didn't want to reach on a sub quality QB just to add a body.  This gives a kid that has a ton of physical talent to basically take that slot and we still can go out and try to get a kid from a much better QB class in FL this cycle.  With that said I just have a gut feeling this kid goes to another P5 school, but you have to take him if he wants to come IMO.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

This past weekend in a scrimmage at UM Allison worked with the #2 offense against the #2 defense and was 11-15 for 100yds and 1td and 1int.  

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-hurricanes/fl-sp-um-spring-football-scrimmage-20170422-story.html

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

I don't get how anyone could say we're set at the position and don't need/want him.

Yet, I did. 

Image result for deal with it gif

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You don't tell me what to deal with.

it0P9.gif

• Upvote 1

Image result for fun boys get a room

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 4/25/2017 at 0:49 PM, 206BULL said:

It's no offense to him but transfer quarterbacks haven't exactly worked out at USF; especially ones that transferred due to lack of playing time. Sure he was a 4 star out of high school(so was Woulard) but I'd rather we focus on continuing to develop the guys we have here now and focus on high school quarterbacks who aren't afraid of a little competition. But that's just my opinion...

What ever happened to Woulard?  From the savior to our program ("just wait till he sits out a year!  He's smoke Flowers, and we'll finally have a good QB").

Wish him well, but seems he just disappeared.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 4/25/2017 at 5:18 PM, Calibull said:

I actually think we might and should sign him.  He was actually performing better than Woulard.  I don't think you guys know how bad Woulard was at UCLA... I kept telling anyone who would listen he was not good at all.  Throws a pretty ball... but not good.  I feel differently actually about Allison.  He has a level of QB intelligence AW never had.  He's played the position longer and quite frankly is a lot better than Woulard ever was.  This new offense is a perfect fit for him.  That kid can sling it.  I hope we get him.  I'm not big on transfers but he would be a difference maker.  He's better than Kean and Oladokun. 

Being better than Woulard isn't a high bar.  But being better than our starters for 2018?  Bold.  If even close to true, we should chase him hard.

P.S.  Props to calling Woulard underwhelming at a time when most (myself included) did not want to hear it.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

But how does he compare to Ironside?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

Being better than Woulard isn't a high bar.  But being better than our starters for 2018?  Bold.  If even close to true, we should chase him hard.

P.S.  Props to calling Woulard underwhelming at a time when most (myself included) did not want to hear it.

Loooord (in a grandpa voice)... that guy was an easy call.  I watched him go from promising prospect and the air apparent to Hundley... to the greatest scout team qb you could never want.  He literally, not figuratively, did the same thing at USF he did at UCLA... with the exception he's still enrolled in school.  He came with hype, did great on scout team while he waits a year, sucks in spring and decides he doesn't want to play.  Nothing against the guy... I just don't think he really had the mind and fortitude to play the QB position at the collegiate level.  

But Allison... wow... I hope we land him.  He has arm talent.  Serious arm talent.   I don't think we really have anyone in our schools history that has that type of abilities.  Love Blackwell and he was a great passer... but this guy has that "it".  And he's not necessarily leaving for all the reasons people think.  I feel USF would be crazy not to try and get this guy... even for the reasons most mention... couldn't hurt getting another talented QB in.  Because he has talent.  I think more so than Kean and Oladokun.  But if he comes, one of those guys will likely transfer after the season. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

What ever happened to Woulard?  From the savior to our program ("just wait till he sits out a year!  He's smoke Flowers, and we'll finally have a good QB").

Wish him well, but seems he just disappeared.

Wondering the same thing, I never heard he landed somewhere