• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kudos to Joey Knight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

How could they have been away from the terminal???

They had 58 minutes between the time the plane touched down and the next flight was scheduled to leave.  Had to be  a minimum of 15 minutes to get off of the previous plane by the time the plane taxis to the gate, prepare for deplaning, etc.  Boarding begins 20 to 30 mins before flight time.  These guys had 15, maybe 20 minutes before their connecting flight started boarding.  You think they left the terminal in that?  You think they walked over to a seat and immediately fell asleep?  If they either, that is even worse.

Further information is that the flight was over booked.  So the likely reason they did not get on the plane is that they missed First Call, Second Call and Final Call to the gate and the airline gave their seats away.  

Come on, man.

Or they volunteered to give up their seats in exchange for ticket voucher they could later use for a personal trip and then made up a story to cover their asses.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What would be awesome is if Holston and Thorpe issued a statement saying that they're sorry for the mistake they made and for the bad press for USF that resulted due to their mistake.  That they are happy to be USF Bulls and that they will do better to be more responsible next time. 

That would be the best ending ever. 

Buuuut, I don't see that happening, not when a mom has basically given her son and his buddy an out.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, theman123 said:

I just think it's annoying for Joey Knight to put an article out questioning these kids stories when the alternatives (socializing around an airport) just really don't seem realistic in my eyes for a couple of 22 year old kids who just wanna get home.

What was annoying was the 117 Tweets by Troy's mom treating this like leaving a couple of 5-yr olds in an airport by themselves.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

13 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You think the media is the one overreacting here?  What have, or haven't you, been reading?  

The issue is the mother of one of these MEN coddling her son and impugning USF in the process.

Absolutely, as usual ... JK's original article, with an assist from Auman, was front page of the Sports page. MF has not missed the opportunity to pile on. It was a a pretty benign incident that was totally blown out of proportion. The TMZ of Bulls media, STD TDS, was where I saw the first pile on, on our RSS News Forum.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Absolutely, as usual ... JK's original article, with an assist from Auman, was front page of the Sports page. MF has not missed the opportunity to pile on. It was a a pretty benign incident that was totally blown out of proportion. The TMZ of Bulls media, STD TDS, was where I saw the first pile on, on our RSS News Forum.

They are in the business of selling papers.  I find it ridiculous that people on here love to bash people for doing their job.  There was no fake news in the article.  The information they were given was reported precisely, and the source was given.  

People need to stop whining about other people doing their job.  If the players had not missed the flight and the mother hadn't whined about it, there would have been no story.  

Don't keep shooting the messenger.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

50 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Or they volunteered to give up their seats in exchange for ticket voucher they could later use for a personal trip and then made up a story to cover their asses.

Yep.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

They are in the business of selling papers.  I find it ridiculous that people on here love to bash people for doing their job.  There was no fake news in the article.  The information they were given was reported precisely, and the source was given.  

People need to stop whining about other people doing their job.  If the players had not missed the flight and the mother hadn't whined about it, there would have been no story.  

Don't keep shooting the messenger.

+1000

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

This

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, theman123 said:

End of the day it doesn't matter. But, trust me, these kids don't give af about the bars, restaurants or gift shops at an airport. And I doubt it was crawling with ladies trying to flirt with a couple of 22 year olds at 10 AM.

However, I will say it's likely they weren't "right next to the gate". They likely sat maybe one or two gates over from the group to get away, not quite wandering around, and dozed off in the few minutes of downtime they had. 

I just think it's annoying for Joey Knight to put an article out questioning these kids stories when the alternatives (socializing around an airport) just really don't seem realistic in my eyes for a couple of 22 year old kids who just wanna get home.

You can't be serious? I was always pulling digits in airports at the age, if not hooking up on the plane (or train). You're telling me two 22-year old single men aren't checking out some skirts in an airport? When you're single, that's the best part about flying. The major airports are always packed with good looking women. The dozed off non-sense... seemed improbable at best.   

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

You are the smartest man in the Bullspen JTrue (just today that is)!