• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kudos to Joey Knight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, theman123 said:

These kids are used to traveling, i don't think they would just venture off in a random airport when they know their schedule.

I think the reason they missed the flight is pretty obvious, but my post was deleted. 

So they didn't venture off, they were right next to the gate and missed the plane? That's even worse for them if they can't figure out how to get on a plane and they're at the ******* gate.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

There's bars, restaurants, gift shops, girls...  I still stand by my assertion, that they were likely somewhere, away from their gate, messing around.

End of the day it doesn't matter. But, trust me, these kids don't give af about the bars, restaurants or gift shops at an airport. And I doubt it was crawling with ladies trying to flirt with a couple of 22 year olds at 10 AM.

However, I will say it's likely they weren't "right next to the gate". They likely sat maybe one or two gates over from the group to get away, not quite wandering around, and dozed off in the few minutes of downtime they had. 

I just think it's annoying for Joey Knight to put an article out questioning these kids stories when the alternatives (socializing around an airport) just really don't seem realistic in my eyes for a couple of 22 year old kids who just wanna get home.

Edited by theman123
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

So, two TWENTY-TWO year old basketball players get lost changing planes in LESS than an HOUR and it's the coaches fault?
They should both be suspended for the last two games.
And the raving lunatic mother of one of them should teach her TWENTY-TWO year old some responsibility.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5 minutes ago, theman123 said:

End of the day it doesn't matter. But, trust me, these kids don't give af about the bars, restaurants or gift shops at an airport. And I doubt it was crawling with ladies trying to flirt with a couple of 22 year olds at 10 AM.

However, I will say it's likely they weren't "right next to the gate". They likely sat maybe one or two gates over from the group to get away, not quite wandering around, and dozed off in the few minutes of downtime they had. 

I just think it's annoying for Joey Knight to put an article out questioning these kids stories when the alternatives (socializing around an airport) just really don't seem realistic in my eyes for a couple of 22 year old kids who just wanna get home.

I've seen college sports teams in airports.  And there are always a few that are doing just what I described.  Like you said, it doesn't really matter.  As for Joey, he just saying that the timeline doesn't make sense and for the record, this is not the players stories, this is one of their mother's version of the events.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

So, two TWENTY-TWO year old basketball players get lost changing planes in LESS than an HOUR and it's the coaches fault?

I don't think anyone said it was "the coaches fault", all he did was accept responsibiltiy. However, no one is blaming him. I also don't think it would be fair to suspend these kids. They do a lot of traveling, and it is exhausting during the season, especially towards the end of one with the amount of turmoil they've had.

Mistakes happen, give them a break.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

What exactly could the staff have done? It's not like they have the ability to stop the flight from taking off. Get the whole team off the plane? If these guys disappear on a short layover, it seems like it's on them.

2 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I've seen college sports teams in airports.  And there are always a few that are doing just what I described.  Like you said, it doesn't really matter.  As for Joey, he just saying that the timeline doesn't make sense and for the record, this is not the players stories, this is one of their mother's version of the events.

I do see what you're saying. But, I still disagree. 

You're right about Joey, I shouldn't fault him much. More so the adults who continue to chastise simple mistakes of a college kid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, theman123 said:

I do see what you're saying. But, I still disagree. 

You're right about Joey, I shouldn't fault him much. More so the adults who continue to chastise simple mistakes of a college kid.

1) What is Joey saying in this article that even remotely merits finding fault with him? 2) Didn't you say the kids didn't make the mistake here? You denied that they wandered away from the gate and were definitely not goofing off, going to a bar, a shop, etc. and you said they weren't randomly walking around the airport. 

Just now, JTrue said:

1) What is Joey saying in this article that even remotely merits finding fault with him? 2) Didn't you say the kids didn't make the mistake here? You denied that they wandered away from the gate and were definitely not goofing off, going to a bar, a shop, etc. and you said they weren't randomly walking around the airport. 

I took the article as him questioning the story of Troy and Geno. Apis pointed out that I was overreacting a little and that Joey was just pointing out facts, not questioning anyones story. He's right, but I would argure he could probably find something a little more meaningful to research and report on, but not important.

I never said they didn't make a mistake. I just said I don't believe they wandered off. I think they fell asleep far enough away from the group that they weren't able to be woken up by someone, likely due to some help from some medicinal products. Which is a mistake.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

The two players involved are both 22 year old adults, not kids.

Lmao, ok.

Edited by theman123
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7