• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kudos to Joey Knight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Absolutely, as usual ... JK's original article, with an assist from Auman, was front page of the Sports page. MF has not missed the opportunity to pile on. It was a a pretty benign incident that was totally blown out of proportion. The TMZ of Bulls media, STD TDS, was where I saw the first pile on, on our RSS News Forum.

Wouldn't have been a big deal to write about if the mom hadn't gone all Mama Bear on Twitter with her mostly misplaced outrage.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

What was annoying was the 117 Tweets by Troy's mom treating this like leaving a couple of 5-yr olds in an airport by themselves.

Is that a serious number?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

24 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Is that a serious number?

I think it's the announced number. Stay tuned for the official. Joey is still waiting to release the number. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

They flew southwest? Hope they don't get the C boarding group.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

They are in the business of selling papers.  I find it ridiculous that people on here love to bash people for doing their job.  There was no fake news in the article.  The information they were given was reported precisely, and the source was given.  

People need to stop whining about other people doing their job.  If the players had not missed the flight and the mother hadn't whined about it, there would have been no story.  

Don't keep shooting the messenger.

And there's real rub with me .... there was no REAL news in the article ... and even if your definition of "news" goes that low, front page of the Sports section, really?

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And there's real rub with me .... there was no REAL news in the article ... and even if your definition of "news" goes that low, front page of the Sports section, really?

Did it get views?  

If so, it was news.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:
2 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

They are in the business of selling papers.  I find it ridiculous that people on here love to bash people for doing their job.  There was no fake news in the article.  The information they were given was reported precisely, and the source was given.  

People need to stop whining about other people doing their job.  If the players had not missed the flight and the mother hadn't whined about it, there would have been no story.  

Don't keep shooting the messenger.

Thank God my job doesn't depend on stirring up a mountain of emotion over a molehill of fact--I'd loathe my life, and I'd expect to be loathed.

2 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Thank God my job doesn't depend on stirring up a mountain of emotion over a molehill of fact--I'd loathe my life, and I'd expect to be loathed.

Reality of today for "newspaper" journalists.  It's all about the clicks.  Part of the job.  Most jobs have some aspect that is unappealing. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

The real question here is why didn't the Tampa Bay Times release the attendance numbers of that Flight? I'm shocked to say the least. :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Or they volunteered to give up their seats in exchange for ticket voucher they could later use for a personal trip and then made up a story to cover their asses.

I think we have 1 or 2 Southwest employees on here and maybe they can confirm if the players could successfully run that scam. Falling asleep seems more plausible.

Here's the Southwest overbooking volunteer policy which, I think, is the only way they could get vouchers at the gate:

If you volunteer to give up your seat in an oversale situation and we can rebook you on a Southwest Airlines flight that will arrive within two hours of your originally scheduled arrival time, we will give you a travel voucher in the amount of $100 plus an amount equal to the face value of your one-way flight coupon(s).

If we cannot confirm your travel within two hours of your originally scheduled arrival time, you will be placed on a priority standby list, and your compensation will increase to a travel voucher in the amount of $300 plus an amount equal to the face value of your one-way flight coupon(s). If you are not accommodated as a standby Customer, we will confirm you on a later Southwest Airlines flight(s) with seats available to your destination. You will not incur an increase in fare.