• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Signing's Eve -How do you feel about tomorrow?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Strong seems to have a very different approach for recruiting. Just by looking at the subscription recruiting sites, I get the impression that there are several players who have committed but are essentially silent about it, i.e. they're not saying a word that they've actually committed. 

I think they want to give the recruits their time on the big stage, tomorrow is their big day. But we will likely add 8-10 recruits tomorrow to the signing class and there will be some very good players in that group. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Strong is much more stealthy, when it comes to recruiting, than Taggart.  

No ring tweets from him.

I can't help but think that there is a deliberate plan in place by Strong for supposedly uncommitted recruits not disclosing their decision to choose USF until NSD.

Therefore, I expect there will be many more pleasant surprises tomorrow than in all of the past years.

How many? I don't know. However, I suspect that our coach does.

We were going to have a relatively small class, even if Taggart was still here.

Whatever position needs aren't addressed tomorrow, we will likely fill them before the fall.

In any event, I'm optimistic abut USF football.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

28 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Strong seems to have a very different approach for recruiting. Just by looking at the subscription recruiting sites, I get the impression that there are several players who have committed but are essentially silent about it, i.e. they're not saying a word that they've actually committed. 

I think they want to give the recruits their time on the big stage, tomorrow is their big day. But we will likely add 8-10 recruits tomorrow to the signing class and there will be some very good players in that group. 

I've heard that about him as well, that he doesn't want them saying anything.  We shall see tomorrow.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think we close strong (no pun intended) and end up with one of the top recruiting classes in the conference.  Strong keeps things very close to the vest recruiting wise and encourages players that commit to do the same.  He encourages players that commit late in the game to "have their day" and make it public on signing day and make it special.  Recruits respect this and it also keeps opposing coaches off balance as they don't know they're in trouble with a kid until it's too late. This prevents coaches from putting the full court press on kids late in the game to steal/win them.  He was this way at both UL and UT so i expect nothing less at USF.  King has been pretty vocal on twitter that we're going to have a very good day tomorrow and I don't think he would be unless we had some good things coming down the pike...

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I think we will see one of two things:

A flurry (3 to 5) of big name, high 3 to 4 star recruits surprising us all by committing to USF and Coach Strong 

OR

A deliberately small class that meets our basic needs with an eye on getting a jump start on 2018 recruiting. Regardless of the size or quality of this year's class, we should have a pretty stellar 2017 record on the field, which will lead to more momentum. I could easily see CCS biding his time and taking in a massive haul in 2018. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Nervously optimistic...only due to the recent article & tweets about potential for a surprise class. Want the best for my Bulls always!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

31 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I think we close strong (no pun intended) and end up with one of the top recruiting classes in the conference.  Strong keeps things very close to the vest recruiting wise and encourages players that commit to do the same.  He encourages players that commit late in the game to "have their day" and make it public on signing day and make it special.  Recruits respect this and it also keeps opposing coaches off balance as they don't know they're in trouble with a kid until it's too late. This prevents coaches from putting the full court press on kids late in the game to steal/win them.  He was this way at both UL and UT so i expect nothing less at USF.  King has been pretty vocal on twitter that we're going to have a very good day tomorrow and I don't think he would be unless we had some good things coming down the pike...

These two posts echo my feelings towards signing day to a T.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

Strong is much more stealthy, when it comes to recruiting, than Taggart.  

No ring tweets from him.

I can't help but think that there is a deliberate plan in place by Strong for supposedly uncommitted recruits not disclosing their decision to choose USF until NSD.

Therefore, I expect there will be many more pleasant surprises tomorrow than in all of the past years.

How many? I don't know. However, I suspect that our coach does.

We were going to have a relatively small class, even if Taggart was still here.

Whatever position needs aren't addressed tomorrow, we will likely fill them before the fall.

In any event, I'm optimistic abut USF football.

Class instead of flash.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Ned A Starr said:

Don't care, pretty well sums it up. 

Says the guy who took the time to read and post about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2